• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

experience with an NSX owner

Re: Re: experience with an NSX owner

KGP said:
Why would you let one persons attitude effect what you think a a piece of machinery? LOL, that is a pretty narrow minded stance. Everyone has good days and bad days. For all you know, that guy might have just come from the courthouse where his wife filed for a divorce, or some other stressful event.

Heck, if he just got a divorice he should be doing cart-wheels into Mcdonalds.

But seriously, he might have just gotten some very bad news or maybe he's just a donkey d-ck. Either way, you can't let the attitude of one person bug you. I am the same way, I can't let things go like that... i'm turning into such a redneck, I probably would have said something foul to him and smack him if he said something back. I think I need therapy:eek:

No kidding, NSX in the wrong hand, not a pleasant thought; though thank god that the car will be out of reach for the huge majority of them. NSX is NSX, 91 or 2003, I love it the same either way; the car itself drive me like no other cars I have owned. However, a few NSX owners are actually pricks, even when I am in the NSX, trust me. Little suprprise sometime that when a ricer pull up to one of us down here in SoCal, he is probably thinking: "There goes that prick." and try to prove something by racing with us. Though the majority of this community is great owners and very understanding individuals, I wish I could say that about all NSX owners.

I have had my 91 for about two months. In the first week I was invited to an NSX rally and met David and Russell via mail and telephone and they invited me to a local track,,,,, having never met them. I got sound advice from NSX Pilot and went to meet a great guy named Larry B. who drove and inspected my car giving me valuable insight. I actually relish telling everyone my car is a 91 and I'm sure alot of other NSXers do too. I met owners at the rally ... some like to talk .... others are more reserved. They all love the car and I don't doubt your guy did to. You got him on a bad day. Stop to talk to the next owner you see. My bet says he'll gladly bend your ear.

hlweyl: i really wanted to say something back but my little sister was in the car and that wouldn't have been a good influence to her.

actually, I laugh at myself for getting so mad about this in the first place. i can't believe i let something like this get to me so much. whenever i see another nsx i'll still check it out and compliment the owner on his car.

actually, I laugh at myself for getting so mad about this in the first place. i can't believe i let something like this get to me so much.

That is what they call "love"......

DeweyNSX said:
I I actually relish telling everyone my car is a 91 and I'm sure alot of other NSXers do too.

Ditto for me. I have a 93 that often gets questions at stoplights and otherwise. Sunday I had an elderly couple in a Chevy S-10 follow me for 10 miles just to find out what it was.

People freak when I tell them the year and the mileage (73.5k). Many people have said they thought it was brand new. The most amusing was someone who thought it was the next generation Corvette (C6).

Here in the UK you can usually tell the age of the car by the number plate. So you can't fool anyone here.

But I did get stopped by police when I first drove my 1992 model Honda Beat convertible back in 1998. The reason for stopping me was they thought the car was brand new and wanted to know why I had a 92 plate!

I went to talk to a bank about some financing for an NSX and the lady just COULD NOT get her head around the idea of a 1991 Acura with so few kilometers selling for that much money. LOL

CRX B16B VTEC said:
That guy is just an ordinary guy isn't he, cos he was going to "McDonalds".

Dude, i heard Bill Gates loves McDonalds, it's where he would have lunch every time he works

Jerks drive Chevy`s,Fords,Dodges,Craftsman Tractors and Skate boards,You get the point.Like all the guys are saying;Be what you like/Buy what you like/Be yourself,that`s the only person you need to impress!

Re: "I'd hate to have that Porsche image. " - WHOA!

I happen to be one of them, and they are good people! :) I met some of the nicest people ever through PCA and Porsche ownership. Get to know them before you accept the stereotype..

I don't buy the in a hurry or bad day thesis

Richieensx said:

Me: Excuse me sir, but what year is your NSX?
Guy: What year do you think it is?
Me: Well i know it's an early 90's because my uncle has one.
Guy: Well he doesn't live around here then.
Me: He used to but he just moved.
Guy: Oh. It's a 2002. <--- I'm not sure if that's what he said but before I could ask he just basically blew me off and walked inside.

He wasn't in a hurry because he wouldn't had take time to make its second reply and even third one.

His second reply could mean that he was gauging your NSX knowledge and/or wishing you as a "pure neophyte" saying :

WOW it's a brand new car!

I think he made the mistake to believe that your uncle story was fake based on maybe interpreting the fact that he moved like an easy exit to hide proof...

Remember orange pepper for a while...

If he said 2002 this shows a real desire to show off and in this case it is very bothering to meet a real NSX connaisseur like you - and assuming that this guy likes to falsely impress people with its old NSX does explain why he couldn't have resisted the temptation to lie to you even at the price of jumping on the small possibility you aren't enough informed to tell the difference between ante and post 02 models!!!

And worse, maybe because this guy can't !!!

Orange pepper

My last NSX owner encounter!

Maybe you will find some analogy with your story but I find it so funny and this is why I did it that way ( you will see! ).

I am driving in downtown Montréal and near the Metropolitain Highway there is a black modded lowered NSX at a stop light. On its left side a guy in a MB 500 SL ( I guess ) top down is speaking with the NSX driver. Looks like the guy in the MB IS entertaining conversation and NSX driver only acknowledging and answering promptly.

Forgot to tell that but I wasn't in my NSX but in my Grand Caravan full dirty!

I said to myself I will catch the NSX ( fortunately it is conceivable in traffic! ) and try to talk to the guy and say to him that I too have a car like yours! :D Just to watch his face and to see if he will believe me or not!!!

Went something like this:

effer ( staying on his side while driving and looking at him until he sees me wanting to talk with him and then stoping both at the same light and lowering my passenger window ) : Is it yours?

Black NSX guy: Yes.

effer: I too own one!

Black NSX guy: Oh..........this is a nice car to own....( kind of answering politely while maybe saying to himself; Yeah right like everybody else on this planet! )

then accelerating till the next light

effer ( sometime later than the NSX at the next light and having noticed till first sight some racing performance decals in the rear window and then suspecting some supercharging affliction on his car! )

effer: Supercharged?

Black NSX guy ( becoming kind of bothered... ): Yes.

effer: How much hp?

Black NSX guy: 350

reaccelerating again

last words exchanged while driving

effer: Comptech?

Black NSX guy ( kind of totally surprised and thus kind of proving me that he wasn't believing me at all :D :D): You know that stuff?

effer: where did you get your supercharger?

Black NSx guy: Go to John Scotti they will give you all the infos... and then floored his very nice black NSX to be sure to not see me again! ( having recovered his senses and convinced himself that there is nothing there since every ricers know Comptech! :D :D :D )

( John Scotti Automotive is the place to buy new Lambos and used exotics like Ferraris, NSX, Lotuses and porsches )

I laugh just thinking that this guy surely believes that I was a moron trying to make him believe that I own such a car!

So fun BTW to see an NSX in traffic, this car is so nice to look at and seems to fly around other cars. And its lowereness, soo nice!

Last edited:
Back