• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Extended Warranty NC1

My 4 year bumper to bumper Acura warranty will run out next month. I was wondering whether the pricing on the Acura extended warranty is set in stone or whether anyone was able to get any kind of discount. Also, what dealership did anyone have a good experience with during the process. My brother was able to secure a significant discount on a Toyota car, so I know deals are made sometimes. TIA

Yes I know Acura has an extended warranty. Several or more of Prime members have gotten one. I was wondering if anyone had an especially good experiences obtaining one. The one I am looking for is the 5 year/80,000 mile policy. List price appears to be about $5330.00.

PM the Kid he is in the biz...

I had gotten some quotes for my 2018 NC1 from various dealerships. Most gave me a quote for a 5 year/80,000 mile extended warranty but 1 dealership quoted a 6 year/70,000 version. I called Acura's customer service number and their agent told me that indeed a 6 year 70,000 extension was available. I went back to the lowest priced dealer and the finance guy said he'd be doing this for 15 years and there is no such extension for cars older than 2021 (he said there is one 6/70k for those cars). I am interested to know if any of you know if there is indeed a 6 year/70k option for a 2018 NC1? I had asked the AcuraCare rep to send me a list of the warranty options, but he never did. That in itself may be saying something. TIA

Just for informational purposes: I just signed up for an extended Acura Care warranty on my 2018 NC1. Prices were all over the place. I paid $5130 for a 5 year, 80,000 mile warranty for my car that has 22,000 miles on her. Other prices quoted were $5380, $6630,$5500, and $6830 for the exact same warranty. It pays to shop around. One dealer wanted an inspection before writing the warranty even though I was still within the original 4 year bumper to bumper warranty period. From what I've seen the published pricing should be $5330.

@Stkpikr this is great info. Would you be able to PM me the contact info for where you purchased? I'm new here and don't seem to have the ability to PM you.

I just got a 2019 with a few months left on the bumper-to-bumper factory warranty. My local dealer is a bit fuzzy on the details and isn't sure if they can sell me Acura Care without getting the car certified. Sounds quite strange and different from what the out-of-state selling dealer said.

Thanks!

midget fidger, I tried to pm you and was unable to. Anyway my contact was at Mullers Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL. Myles Bauer (sp?) in the finance department 847-470-2300. He is very familiar with NSX extended warranties. He made it very easy for me. Hope this helps.

BTW only one of the 8 dealers I contacted wanted to do and inspection even though I was still under the original 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. All Myles did was look at the mileage on my car.

midget fidger, I tried to pm you and was unable to. Anyway my contact was at Mullers Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL. Myles Bauer (sp?) in the finance department
ve-round.png
ve-round.png
847-470-2300. He is very familiar with NSX extended warranties. He made it very easy for me. Hope this helps.
Wrong phone number it's 847-519-9550 extension 114

Funny, my contact with Myles was always through the switchboard number I mentioned. That's the only # I had to contact Myles. Yours must be a direct number. Anyway, hope Myles can help you all. He made it a breeze to extend my warranty and didn't bump the price in excess of the listed prices.

Are you in the Chicago area? I am always on the look out for Acura dealers with a good NSX certified tech. If you don't mind sharing. Or PM me the info. Thanks.

Back