• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Facelifted 2002 NSXs arrive in the US!

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
02blue.jpg

02yellow.jpg

02yellow2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 25 November 2001).]

DUDE!!! Nice!

I might be of the minority here, but I REALLY like the new looks! Looks much more mean and aggressive. However it does look like the front is too long in the middle pic...but that could be lens, angle...whatever. I like it!!!

God please help me get out of this lay-off slump and make the market go up...and save all the people in peril around the world of course
wink.gif

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

http://www.nextestdrive.net

That looks sweet! Where did you find the pics??

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I think it looks better in these photos than the other ones I've seen. Also they look lowered compared to current model.

Wow! I was sure I wasn't going to like it when I saw the initial pictures, but I sure like these pictures. I'm so glad they kept the same wing. Anyone interested in a low mileage yellow '99?

I sent these to Lud but I can't take credit for them. Someone who wishes to remain unknown sent them to me.

I am guessing that it's probably in the Torrance, CA area since you can often see "new" cars there - Toyota and Honda have their HQ's in that city.

The official photoshoot for the nsxbyacura.com update is coming up. It will be at Willow Springs. I think Honda is renting out the entire track. I might be able to get pictures from the shoot. If I do, rest assured that I will send them to Lud.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Where are the front directionals? In the headlight assembly?

It looks like the same headlight assembly as shown on the new -R prototype in Japan, which has the directionals:

r-d4_small.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 22 November 2001).]

Looks great imho. I also like the side skirts, I wonder why Acura just didn't use the WW sides and rear spats. It also looks like the front bumper and headlights can be a bolt on upgrade.

I can't wait to see one in person.

Thanks JChoice.

I may go against the general consensus I read here on the board
cool.gif
till now but here's my point: I admit that I like the final result that went into production and it is much better than what it *could* have been
biggrin.gif

...but there is still something too asymmetric/squared with the three front air holes. Am I the only one that also feels a kind of narrow front view of the car effect that's given by the frontal side brake ducts?
I cannot express it but maybe you understand what I mean
confused.gif

Some more design sketches could have led to a even better result, or not?

Todd,

If you get the yellow one, maybe I can buy yours?
smile.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 22 November 2001).]

It also looks like the front wheels are the same size as the rear. I SOOOOoooooooooooo hope there's room for some serious rubber in front now.

-Mike

It also seems to have fatter rear quarters ala Comptech......hmm?

It's difficult to tell from these photos, but I'll hazard a guess nonetheless. It appears to me that the side panels (fenders, doors) are unchanged. What HAVE changed are the panels below - the front nose, the side sills, and the valence below the fender behind the rear wheels. All are wider - and I think THIS is what makes the rear quarters look "fatter". At least, that's my guess.

It also appears that the trim panel that surrounds the side vent openings into the engine compartment (just ahead of the rear wheels) is dark, and no longer body-colored. This could also contribute to a "fatter" look. Maybe.

Gomaidy is right. It sure does look like the Modena 360. From the shape and position of the headlights, to the trapezoidal shape of the center vent of the front bumper. I initially didn't like the way the Type-R looked. However, I concur with 1HOT NSX that these are photos of the NSX with a much more appealing look. Perhaps it is the single color versus the dark carbon fiber hood and white color scheme of the Type-R that makes the difference for me.

[This message has been edited by Yawwn (edited 22 November 2001).]

Back