• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Alarm

Greetings Prime-mates
I have a 91 NA1 that I've been prepping for track use. A few days ago, I removed the after-market alarm system that the previous owner installed many years ago. Today, I unlocked the door with my key and the factory alarm engaged. I have no idea how to de-activate it. I unlocked the door with the key, tried to start the car etc, nothing seemed to work until I removed the pos. cable off the battery and waited a few minutes before I re-attached it. Only then would it start. I tried again to lock and unlock the doors with the key only to get the same result. So, right now I can't lock my car without sounding the alarm and killing my starter. Any ideas ???

Did you try to re-insert the key into the drivers door and turn the key to lock and unlock again? That disarms the alarm. Unless you're having other problems.

My '94 alarm started to go off every time I unlocked it. The dealer parts guy said to carefully lubricate the lock assembly on the drivers door where it meets the striker when it closes. I sprayed mine with WD-40 (small amount) and lock/unlock several times with the key with the door open... Hasn't gone off while unlocking the door since. He said the lock mechanism over time can get gummed up and the sensor sends a false reading and sets off the alarm.

Or..http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubles...ft-keyless.htm

-DREW-

When the alarm is going off try "unlocking" the car with the key from the passenger side; also try opening the trunk with the key. If the alarm shuts off then it's just your door switch.

When the alarm is going off try "unlocking" the car with the key from the passenger side; also try opening the trunk with the key. If the alarm shuts off then it's just your door switch.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried all the options suggested here and on the wiki page, with no success until I tried the passenger side door suggestion; this finally was the solution. So it would seem my drivers side door sensor is the culprit.

My alarm went wonky many years ago... it sometimes would just go off by itself for no apparent reason. After chasing all the possible connections/sensors/etc. I finally gave up and made a jumper across the connector for the front hood. The keyless entry works flawlessly, but no more alarm. I guess I should spend an afternoon and re-visit the issue:redface:

Last edited:
You guys rock - I store my 92 NSX with the battery terminals disconnected so the battery doesn't die and today when I went to start it up just to warm her up the factory alarm went crazy with horns honking and lights up/flashing. I never had the factory alarm come on before so it scared the crap out of me. I tried unlocking and locking and unlocking the drivers door. I tried putting the key in the ignition on run/start and tried different variations of this. All failed. I then took a few mins reading some of these factory alarm topics on NSXPrime - came across this one - to try unlocking the pass door as the alarm is going off. I did this and it worked! Alarm disarmed! So at least I know how to disarm it next time! Thanks for the great info!

Will

Back