• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Factory Security Bypass

I just purchased a 1991 with the oem security system and keyless entry but no remotes came with this purchase and after locking the car with the key i came to unlock it 1 day and the security system went off, horn blowing everyones ears off and headlights flashing! after a few attempts to try to turn it off i found a tread here with info on sending a signal to turn it off at the brain, i would just like to bypass the whole system as the door locks are acting up as well, i lock the car and then it unlocks by it self and it doesnt let me lock it anymore so she sits unlocked and unprotected. Please help me fix this issue.

the oem security system is mounted on the panel just below the glove box and above the passenger foot well. Just unplug it.

Rich

Sounds like a problem with the keyless unit or a switch. I would first try removing the keyless unit since you can't use it anyway.

Mike

Rich , i unplugged the keyless alarm that is directly under the globe box in the foot well and it had an antenna cable plugged to it at the time the alarm was going off and didn't work, it kept blowing my ears off.
Mike i dont know what other plug to remove as there are a couple of units with a bunch of plugs so im not quite sure which is the keyless entry module or the factory security system as i understand are 2 diff systems, i security system with the key and the keyless entry obviously with remote.

I don't know about posting "how to disarm" on a public forum.

The key in the door should always disarm it.

Where do i post it then Angus? Electronics do fail you know that right ? And it's not how to "disarm" the thread's tittle is "bypass" so im seeking help here, if you're concerned of me stealing an nsx where do i send my registration to prove im the legal owner?

Where do i post it then Angus? Electronics do fail you know that right ? And it's not how to "disarm" the thread's tittle is "bypass" so im seeking help here, if you're concerned of me stealing an nsx where do i send my registration to prove im the legal owner?

So you are stuck in a alarm situation (constantly going off)?

Angus isn't worried about you, it's the thousands of other people reading the forum. He is correct that any disarming info shouldn't be posted here. I would be glad to work with you by PM.

Mike

Ok i understand i dont want to disarm i want the old Security system bypassed , fuse removed, relay removed or anything that will prevent it from becoming active again.
i've been leaving her unlocked because everytime i lock with the key it unlocks it self right after even when i havent taken the key out of the lock still so i stop locking her so that system wont turn on again, i removed the horn fuse so i wont drive neighbors crazy. Pm's would work for me too i just dont know how to ask for help here or procedures so i wont raise alerts of some sort. Thanx Mike.

I dont think we should say how to bypass it in an open forum
how about you PM us for the easy info.

Rich , i unplugged the keyless alarm that is directly under the globe box in the foot well and it had an antenna cable plugged to it at the time the alarm was going off and didn't work, it kept blowing my ears off.
Mike i dont know what other plug to remove as there are a couple of units with a bunch of plugs so im not quite sure which is the keyless entry module or the factory security system as i understand are 2 diff systems, i security system with the key and the keyless entry obviously with remote.

Sorry, my bad. Now you have jarred my memory. The unit in the footwell is just the keyless entry (which I find useless due to lack of audible or visual alerts) I believe the OE alarm will be active regardless of connection of the keyless entry. I think it can be turned off by unlocking the drivers door. It is activated by locking the door with the drivers switch or outside door lock.

Is there a red light near your door lock button?

Rich

Ok, how do you want to proceed? If you disconnect the alarm you still won't be able to lock the car because the alarm has nothing to do with it unlocking it's self. If you fix the problem with the door locks then the alarm won't be a issue any longer and maybe you can still use it.

I would remove the keyless system and try it again. If it still unlocks on it's own then we can look for the bad switch.

Mike

Last edited:
1. open your front hood
2. unbolt latch on hood
3. flip it around
4. bolt it back on.
5. close hood.

alarm will no longer activate.

Rich Yes it does have a red light next to the door lock button on the top left of the door panel and says security on it, althought i have never seen it come on whenever i lock, unlock and when the system was going off the other day.

Mike, I would like to disconnect it if its not gonna allow me to use the car at any given time unless someone here can help me with instructions on how to take the door lock mechanism apart and fix whatever the problem might be, a bad wire, false connection, bad switch or whatever else it could be the issue.
I would like to have the door locks work good again so when i get to install a new alarm system i can connect the door locks to the keyless entry of that after maket alarm.

HBui39, Sounds confusing: Flip the latch around ? then bolt it back on ? I have i have to look at it tomorrow and see what you mean by flip it around.
Thanx for the help guys.

The test for each switch is in the repair manual which is available in the wiki. All you will need is a volt/ohm meter and i will help if you have any questions.

When it unlocks on its own, do both doors unlock?

Mike

Mike, yes both door unlock immediately after i put my key in the drivers side lock and turn it to lock, 1 sec after and then it unlocks both doors.
I need to buy the repair manual then, i'll look here and see where do i find it

Mike, yes both door unlock immediately after i put my key in the drivers side lock and turn it to lock, 1 sec after and then it unlocks both doors.
I need to buy the repair manual then, i'll look here and see where do i find it

It's free. You can download it here. Just scroll down till you see "Electronic Copies of the Service Manual"

Mike

Back