• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fake Ebay Honda timing belt snapped after 3,000 miles

Good news that no NSX was hurt, but my Odyssey has another engine now. Well I should know better, than to buy OEM belt from Ebay. Just want to warn another people to be very careful.

Attachments

• broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 269
sorry to see that , hope you weren't stranded on 84..:frown:

To be stuck on 84 would be a pleasure. With my luck the belt gave up Friday afternoon on North bound West side Hwy leaving Manhattan. First time I was stuck on a road. Sure it had to be elevated part and 90++ degrees day. This is how the fake belt looks like before installation.

Attachments

• Fake belt.jpg
    Fake belt.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
west side hwy...OMG....worst place ever folks getting out of dodge for the hamptons will just run you over...:eek:

I bought my Odyssey's new spark plugs from RockAuto, just to be sure they weren't Chinese fakes.

Do you have a pic of a real belt for comparison?
And to confirm, you bought the fake belt from an individual on Ebay? Not a Honda/Acura dealer on Ebay?

This is how real OEM timing belt for Honda Odyssey looks like.

Attachments

• 20200822_113559 (1).jpg
    20200822_113559 (1).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 162
Do you have a pic of a real belt for comparison?
And to confirm, you bought the fake belt from an individual on Ebay? Not a Honda/Acura dealer on Ebay?

And this is what I bought. They still selling these fake kits on Ebay and Amazon

Attachments

• 20200831_192845.jpg
    20200831_192845.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 161
No offense but I don't understand why you've even tried it with parts on eB. Mounting (possible) fake parts on a working engine is paying for a Madonna concert with playback/lip-sync. Ask Sir Elton John what he thinks of Madonna. :D

No offense but I don't understand why you've even tried it with parts on eB. Mounting (possible) fake parts on a working engine is paying for a Madonna concert with playback/lip-sync. Ask Sir Elton John what he thinks of Madonna. :D

Well you are 100% right. If it sounds too good to be truth than it's a scam. When I bought it the seller was located in New Jersey. Now the seller is located in CHINA.
If I new that it's coming from China I would newer even think about it.

So was it worth it to save $50 and now have to go through the hassle of repairing the car.

Even for my cheap Chevy suv I only buy parts from well known, established places. For any car you can always find a dealership that sells OEM parts online at a 15% discount.

Back