• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Fan looking for info

So yeah hi :)

Names Lee from little ol Ireland, had to join up cos I wanted to clear something up that's been bugging me and I've got lots of mixed answers.

I'm in the process of getting some NSX calipers for my Integra type R, I have a JDM 96 spec and the brakes are horrible so figured I'd need some good oens as I'll be doing more trackdays with it this year.
Anyway, my question is: Do the NA1 and NA2 front calipers both have NSX on them? Reason I ask is a guy I know is offering me NA1 "first gen" front calipers but they don't have NSX on them. That to me sounds like they could be legend calipers instead but I'm hoping those of you that actually own the cars will be able to make a better guess than me.

Right, while you lot set the record straight with that I'll go for a nosey at all the awesome cars.

So yeah hi :)

Names Lee from little ol Ireland, had to join up cos I wanted to clear something up that's been bugging me and I've got lots of mixed answers.

I'm in the process of getting some NSX calipers for my Integra type R, I have a JDM 96 spec and the brakes are horrible so figured I'd need some good oens as I'll be doing more trackdays with it this year.
Anyway, my question is: Do the NA1 and NA2 front calipers both have NSX on them? Reason I ask is a guy I know is offering me NA1 "first gen" front calipers but they don't have NSX on them. That to me sounds like they could be legend calipers instead but I'm hoping those of you that actually own the cars will be able to make a better guess than me.

Right, while you lot set the record straight with that I'll go for a nosey at all the awesome cars.
First of all..

Your brakes aren't horrible at all, proper disc + good pads (hawk, ebc) and stainless lines and you should be fine.

NSX NA1 calipers are larger than NA2 brake calipers (front)
But the Legend has the biggest of them all. (KA7/8)
NSX calipers ALWAYS have NSX cast on the side and cooling fins.
If they don't and are 2 pot they are the larger Legend calipers.

Also take in to account your need 28mm thick discs for both Legend and NSX
You will bias the car to the front so you need to up-rate the rear end as well.

I have refurbished OEM BBK's for ITR's that covert your current system to 300x28 Legend system with twin piston calipers. (requiring 16") alternatively there are also 282 systems for 15" wheels.

Last edited:
First of all..

Your brakes aren't horrible at all, proper disc + good pads (hawk, ebc) and stainless lines and you should be fine.

NSX NA1 calipers are larger than NA2 brake calipers (front)
But the Legend has the biggest of them all. (KA7/8)
NSX calipers ALWAYS have NSX cast on the side and cooling fins.
If they don't and are 2 pot they are the larger Legend calipers.

Also take in to account your need 28mm thick discs for both Legend and NSX
You will bias the car to the front so you need to up-rate the rear end as well.

I have refurbished OEM BBK's for ITR's that covert your current system to 300x28 Legend system with twin piston calipers. (requiring 16") alternatively there are also 282 systems for 15" wheels.
Oh they are, I have Endless discs on the front with decent pads and they're still bad, I've wanted to upgrade to NSX calipers for a while now anyway.

Also thank you for clearing that up, I had a feeling they would be something like legend calipers but wanted to double check before I went back to him. Interesting about the NA1 and NA2 caliper sizes as well I always thought they were the same just the piston sizes were a bit different. Every days a school day I guess.

How much for the 282 system? I'd prefer to keep the 15's on it if I can.

Back