• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast and Furious V...

Did you guys know that they are going to shoot part of that new film here? The movie bunch had a thing here and were asking for cars and hotties to show up at the Marriot at Clairmont and I -85 yesterday evening from 5 to 8 pm. I was really surprised not to see some of our boys there! I went at the request of Ana, my wife! She got her picture taken with my car. We'll see if they want her or the car in the movie - she could be a mom! Some cool rides there. Mine was the most stock looking, a bunch of Mustangs and a Supra TT. They were looking for Brazilian looking folks and maybe others - but they are shooting most of it in Brazil I think. Anyway - it was advertised in the AJC.

Just thought I'd mention it. Alex did you go? You are always in the know on stuff like that. I thought the other guy with the souped up body kit that was in the first movie would have known about it. Maybe he did. Folks were coming and going for 3 hours - I didn't stay long.

Adios Amigos

If Alex did'nt know about it...it did'nt happen:wink:

Interesting.

I drive by there on the weekends when I go up to Duluth.

Unfortunately I'm in Warner Robins during the week.

Good luck Tim to you and your wife. Hopefully they realize how awesome it would be to have your car or wife in their movie. Especially after that awesome cameo at the end of Fast and Furious by Mia's black beauty.

Lets hope the new film is better than the previos ones.
Tokyo Drift is the worst film I have ever seen.Dreadful in every way.
The others ain't much better either.Appalling acting and laughable scripts.

Have you seen Redline?:eek:

FF5.jpg

FF5-1.jpg

You are good Tim.

We did go actually. We were there around 4:30 or so. We stayed until about 6pm.

I was lucky number #7 and Russell was #8, both good luck numbers. Todd was also with us. It was fun to catch up with people.

Yes they were looking for Brazilian and Latino looking people and nice cars. We should know something in a few weeks.

Filming will take place August 26-28 starting at 6pm going to 6am.

People will be paid (probably $100 per day)

Either way it would be cool to see our NSXs in the F&F series.

Lol, nice sneak attack Alex.

Good luck to all. If they ask for a white one, let me know.

Hey White's my favorite color. Silver was my second choice....cause I missed out on the best one to come along since I've been on Prime - a 93 White with 22k miles on it and perfect with all service up to date and the stereo completely gone thru by the guys in Dallas -they're the best - even Brian K will tell you that. Can't recall their name exactly starts with a W. Anyway - I missed it - damn it all - still pissed about it. But mine is a good conselation. Looking forward to seeing yours JL.

Doc, your are right - Alex did know about it. How bout that! I have my wife to thank for being on top of things - of course you know she's Cubana right! Yep - she's my better 2/3rds - said that didn't I. Well it's damn sure true - she keeps me hip (as much as that's possible) - she has young daughters in college you know.

No laughing - ok....I hear ya ....watch it...:biggrin:

Yeah they are pretty bad! But hey I need the cash - 100 a day - wow! :eek::biggrin::wink:

Hey White's my favorite color. Silver was my second choice....cause I missed out on the best one to come along since I've been on Prime - a 93 White with 22k miles on it and perfect with all service up to date and the stereo completely gone thru by the guys in Dallas -they're the best - even Brian K will tell you that. Can't recall their name exactly starts with a W. Anyway - I missed it - damn it all - still pissed about it. But mine is a good conselation. Looking forward to seeing yours JL.

Doc, your are right - Alex did know about it. How bout that! I have my wife to thank for being on top of things - of course you know she's Cubana right! Yep - she's my better 2/3rds - said that didn't I. Well it's damn sure true - she keeps me hip (as much as that's possible) - she has young daughters in college you know.

No laughing - ok....I hear ya ....watch it...:biggrin:

Here is the best one I ever found, but unfortunately I wasn't in a position to buy one when I found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApIKAaYvRk0

Here is the best one I ever found, but unfortunately I wasn't in a position to buy one when I found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApIKAaYvRk0

Well that one was discussed and cussed for a long time on Prime when it first appeared. I actually was thinking of buying it too and was almost ready to pull the trigger but it was sold out from under me. Later a Primer went by to see it - it had had paint work - it was not perfect as it would appear. It had also not had a lot of service because the miles were so low. It had some issues and was not quite as presented! You can research that - I don't really know whatever came of it. The one I found was the real deal - two owner car - 22k miles and no - none - nada - paint work. I missed it too. Anyway enough about the ones that got away - right. I'm ok with what I have and I bet you are too.

I am very pleased with my car. :biggrin:

And I'm coming to think that the whole rear quarter panel was replaced. Only one small place can you tell the fitment is a little off and just needs to be adjusted. The paint matches all over so I'm guessing the rear quarter panel came in GPW.

Looking forward to seeing the new F&F. Yeah, they've sucked pretty bad after the first one, but I still like these movies. :biggrin:

Back