• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Favorite Claybar Brand?

I previously used the Clearkote brand of claybar and was pretty dissatisfied. It frequently came apart and seemed overly loose/gummy overall. Can someone give me their recommendation of what brand is their favorite and where it can be purchased? TIA

I've used quite a few as well and I really like Meg's white clay. It's a great medium grade clay and can easily last you 4-5 uses if the car's not too bad.

Josh

I use Meguire's. No issues there, and I get good compliments on the results as well. I used to use Mother's as well, and that worked ok too.

My local detailing pro says that Clay Magic is better than the other brands of clay products. They have a patent which makes theirs different from the others. Apparently Clay Magic acts as an adhesive, rather than an abrasive. That's what he said, anyway...

You can buy Clay Magic on their website.

My local detailing pro says that Clay Magic is better than the other brands of clay products. They have a patent which makes theirs different from the others. Apparently Clay Magic acts as an adhesive, rather than an abrasive. That's what he said, anyway...

Clay magic is also carried by our local detail supply guy that supplies all the car dealerships. I'd use clay magic just because it's recommended by the/my detail supply guy.
http://www.automagic.biz/

I don't know....I've only used the stuff that Zaino sells and I am guessing that it did the job! Is one brand actually better than others???

Griots. I have used Mothers in the past and felt that the Griot's was significantly superior. It is pricey though.

Nice. This stuff is less expensive than Meguire's or Mother's, too.

Mothers. Only one I have tried. For as little as I use it, its great!

If I'm not mistaken, Clay Magic is the main producer of all the different kinds of clays and has the patents, the other brands basically buy them and relabel them.

I could be mistaken, but this is the info that I've heard over the years.

Basically one source manufacturing many different types of clays that brands buy and relabel.

Josh

Meguiars, Mothers or Griots. All three work fine, though Griots is larger than the others and seems to work a little better.

I don't mean to tease everyone South of the border but...OK, well, maybe I do after all. :biggrin:

SmartClay002Medium.jpg

That's Riccardo clay and it's only available in Canada due to patent law.

ricardo clay is good, zaino is good, mothers is ok, the sonus ones are good too. I like to use the zaino one though, it doesn't come apart, and gets a lot of the contaminants out.

It's not the one I use. The one I use is their blue, fine grade product, not the red, medium grade product. And it comes with their Spray Lube, whereas the one you picture apparently does not. The prices are just as good on the Clay Magic website, too.
Thanks! I placed an order for a couple blue clay bars and lube with their official website.

Back