• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feedback for 1st NSX

Trying to purchase my first NSX. Will expect to own for extended length of time. Attempting to get best value for $$ spent. Member/owner thoughts would be appreciated. I am looking at 1) '93 Red/Blk under 30K miles. Mild mods: wheels, exhaust, springs, lip kit. 9.5/10 condition. Fully serviced 10 miles ago. Never tracked and last owner drove it 10K miles in 8 years. A no excuse car. Price upper 30's. .... 2) '95 Red/Blk totally stock with under 20K miles. Full history and service up to date. Price at 40K. Not as close to home so I have to factor $500 to get it here.
Any thought on the choice of the two? Which may be the better value in 3-5 years? The car would be for pleasure only with no track use. Just curious on others opinions. Or has anyone got a better car available?

well its up to how tasteful the mods are in the 1st car, and if you want a targa top or a coupe.

to me they both sound like good deals, but I would think if you rate the choice 1 a 9.5 out of 10, would be hard to go wrong with it. Both are same color as the above poster said, but coupe or targa is the real question.

No material difference in miles between 20K and 30K.

The 95 is a T, this is + or - for you to decide whether it is important or not. But the 95 is a slower car. Nothing to argue on that.

I would choose the 93. Only two years older, about the same miles, and it is quicker because it is a lighter coupe. Most here, but not all, consider the 95-96 the least desirable years of the NSX because of the loss of performance compared to 91-94 and 97+.

One more thing - says "serviced." What does that mean? Are these cars on the original TB/WP?

The NSX-T is of no concern to me one way or the other. I would probably leave it in place the majority of the time. Value on the back end, 3-5 years is probably my biggest consideration. I like the mods on the '93, tastefully done and performance enhancing with the cosemetic ones reversible.

I enjoy my targa in the summer. However the coupe is more fun to drive and no Targa squeaks. If you find yourself using a targa at least more then 12 times a year, then I'd get a Targa. Otherwise, get a coupe

Agree with most of the comments above. Looks like the Targa/no-Targa is the choice. For me, Targa is a must. I enjoy topless sports cars. You may not. Two seaters have a small cabin and removing the top was a definite requirement for me (ruled out 91-94 years).

My top has no squeaks but guess that is an issue on some. Also, for the years - you would want to carfully check all the T-Top seal gaskets to see they are in tip-top shape.

All-in-all....sounds like either choice is going to be a good one. You can't go wrong with an NSX!

Back