• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feedback on Houston Auto Exchange

nkb

Experienced Member
Does anyone have any feedback on Houston Auto Exchange?

I see them offering NSX's on Autotrader all the time, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience (good or bad) with this dealer. (Yes, I did a search :))

Thanks in advance,
George

Hmmm, very interesting that you posted that link to that specific NSX. If this is the same NSX I think it is, which I'm 99.9% sure of, then simply ask the dealer this: What's the condition? If they say it's mint, then RUN from this dealer!!
The reason I say this, well, that NSX was the first NSX I ever test drove! It has been for sale for well over a year here in Houston. If you do a search, you may be able to still find it in the sale section.
Anyways, I know of the dealership that you're referring to. It's pretty close to my work. I believe they pick up cars from auctions and try selling them. I'd be real careful buying from them. Please don't take it the wrong way, not trying to knock on their business, it maybe 100% legit and honest. Just my 2 cents! ;)
ps - if you need me to take a peek at something, let me know...
Z

I agree with NSXFoYoAss, that dealership has had 2 NSX's sit in there parking lot for the longest time..they also do consignments..but they were asking to much for what they had (IMO). the cars have sat outside uncovered in the sun, heat, rain, no snow here..for the longest.

About the '94 blk/blk at the named dealer...

NSX FoYoAss, the NSX you're perhaps thinking of is this...?

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...or=&cardist=232

'94 blk/blk 5spd w/ 62k miles

*Interesting* If this is the 'X you test-drove as aforementioned: can you bring to light your experience. . . (this will save me alot of time/effort!)

I had been observing it on AutoTrader for quite a bit; and it's nearly impossible to get any 'history' on the car. The car-fax shows it was a leased vehicle, one-owner, and always in TX. The Sales Manager is vague of the car's location "when it comes back- we can perhaps look into the information you want, etc..."

Oh yea, I was quite interested in it & had considered sending someone to look at it from Austin. . . So, I shouldn't pursue it then, huh? (F.Y.I. I am after a well-kept/maint'-serviced/manicured car...)

NSX FoYoAss & bagman... I appreciate your insights!

Yeah, I test drove this car about 14, maybe 15 months ago! The condition was really really disappointing. I believe its had its share of test drives too. I remember when I first went to check it out, someone was on a test drive. And then when he got back, someone else showed up before I had even gotten in the car for a test drive also.
I don't remember the exact information, but it looked pretty beat up. Like something was in the truck moving around while being driven. Scratches all over the place. Just lil things here and there that I just couldn't live with. Like scratches on the door panels/dash. Looks like it was well "used." Almost like a beater car. The body panels had scratches and the wheels were hideous. IMHO! :p
Regards
Z

Last edited:
Back