• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrara Roller Rockers

I doubt there are many people on here using it other than just track rats. As you said, it kills VTEC and requires a stand-alone EMS. Also, a full kit for the C-series would be $1300 :eek:

I've converted an old big-block muscle car engine to roller rockers in the past and it wasn't worth it IMO.

I am curious about the comment on the site about using with the stock cams. I haven't done the kinematic analysis; but, I was of the understanding that the contact point and effective motion is different with a roller follower as opposed to a sliding follower like the OEM rocker. I know that on old school push rod engines, you don't drop a roller follower on a flat tappet cam.

The valves may still open and close with the roller lifters; but, the duration and area under the lift profile at the valve may be different. Perhaps that is why they say you need an aftermarket ECU. I have no idea whether the rollers have a positive or negative effect on wear.

Back