• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari 360 CS Crash NEWPORT BEACH!

Ferrari Driver Dies In Newport Beach Crash
Woman Also Critically Injured In Crash That Split $300K Car In 2 Pieces

One person was killed and another suffered critical injuries when a speeding Ferrari crashed and broke in half on Jamboree Road, according to Newport Beach police.

The bright red Ferrari was traveling at a high rate of speed next to a Porsche when it apparently hit that car, struck a curb and knocked over a light pole shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday, police said.

The crash tore the $300,000 car in half. The driver, whose name was not released, died at the scene. A female passenger was critically injured when she was thrown from the vehicle.

Police have arrested the Porsche's driver, 51-year-old Jeffrey Kirby of Costa Mesa, for investigation of gross vehicular manslaughter. Kirby's female passenger was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.

http://cbs2.com/local/Ferrari.Driver.Killed.2.956105.html

Last edited:
Re: Ferrari 599 GTB Crash NEWPORT BEACH!

I read it was a 360 Stradale and the guy who died was an MMA fighter named Mask.

Last edited:
TMZ News Video Report

He founded Tapout but was never an MMA fighter.

R.I.P. Mask... :(

I hit that link enesex95T, and also found a related story interesting - it was about your Lambo O C dealer pleading out to a federal fraud charge! (I recall a post that O C Lambo was going/went out of biz).

Sad to hear the passenger was hurt during a bout of stupidity on the part of the Driver.

It's a loss for everyone involved. :(

We discussed Ferraris on the BMW board and we can't understand why so many Ferraris split in two on impact. 550s, 360s it doesn't matter which model. As far as I know the F50 is the only one designed to split that way. The rest are monocoques and should remain in one piece.

Some kid took his Dad's 850CSi out and hit a large tree sideways at speed. The impact left the passenger seat about half width and his gf suffered a broken pelvis.

So when they say "gross vehicular manslaughter" do they mean street racing? Either way, they must have been going too fast since evening news showed the debris field and it was pretty long.

i heard there was damage that was associated with the crash. i think the porsche side swiped him and sent him into the pole. then the porsche stopped for a second to help, then realized that he was drunk and he would have been fcuked so he kept going.

2964782544_e17f24238f.jpg

Well, at least it wasn't an Enzo this time. Best wishes to family and friends.

It's believed they were racing uphill at 140 or so and the P car lost control and after fishtailing 6 times or so bounced off the curb and into the right rear side of the F car which sent the F car into the pole on the side walk. I think the F car spun and was facing backwards when it struck the pole.

Sounds eerily like the street racing matchup in "against all odds":frown:

So when they say "gross vehicular manslaughter" do they mean street racing?

Gross vehicular manslaughter means that there was gross negligence in the act of causing a death with the vehicle. It is a felony. Street racing is considered reckless, as is speeding or drunkenness, which are aspects of gross negligence.

i heard there was damage that was associated with the crash. i think the porsche side swiped him and sent him into the pole. then the porsche stopped for a second to help, then realized that he was drunk and he would have been fcuked so he kept going.

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

This is what the witnesses said. They saw the Porsche stop and then take off.

This guy was 45, I always thought he was younger.

Putting on my flame suit for this post...

*flame suit on*

Ok just an observation here, and not to harp on the people that follow this practice. But your feedback is welcome.

What is the point of putting a memorial on the side of the road where someone died? I personally would think if you wanted to remember me, maybe go to church, visit my grave, donate to my favorite charity in my name, or even think of happier times in private. Is it really necessary to litter and put junk all over a sidewalk? You don't see people putting flowers and junk outside a hospital room where someone dies, and that happens every minute and every hour.

For what it's worth if I die in an accident like this I don't want people making a shrine at the location where my ass cheek was separated from my ass. Make a shrine at my grave site for gods sake, or my home, whatever, but not the sidewalk. I see it as a waste of time. Go see my friends, see my family, offer condolences, that's it, you are done. All I see with this practice is littering.

Just wondering. :confused:

Last edited:
kinda creepy watching the video with the blinkers flashing after the car has been torn in half.

Back