• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A new 350z owner + street racing

This was posted on My350z.com

pickle said:
I just got my Z yesterday. I traded My 06 civic in for it and all i can say is DAMN!!!!!

2hnnbeb.jpg

2rynedj.jpg

2hp518o.jpg

Shortly after, and with just a few days of ownership....

11693255.jpg

HOUSTON -- Two teens were injured when a driver crashed his new car while street racing in River Oaks late Wednesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Houston police said the crash happened when the driver of a Nissan 350Z lost control while racing a BMW on Kirby Drive near Stanmore Drive at about 10:30 p.m.

"At some point, the Nissan lost control and left the roadway, striking two trees and pinning both occupants in the vehicle," Capt. Milton Martin said.

The force of the impact caused the car to split in half.

The 16-year-old driver suffered a head injury, and his girlfriend, the front-seat passenger, suffered minor injuries. Both teens were transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Detectives said the car had been picked up from a dealership earlier in the week.

The driver of the BMW left the scene before emergency crews arrived, police said.

http://www.khou.com/video/news-index...d=135152&shu=1

Luckily, he didn't kill himself or his GF.

Latest update:
MeetJoeAsian said:
oki...last official update, and also permission from his girlfriend to post his condition:

he's not yet out of the coma...and he had this staff infection that he's fighting...I pray for the best for him....

Started off feeling sad for the guy, but angry at this entire "street racing" scene. Let's hope he recovers well.

Original link to thread

Last edited:
Re: A wew 350z owner + street racing

hmmm....I wonder if this was a street race or street challenge? (stirring the pot, and puts on flame suit)

Bleh was going to say something much much worse but not in a flaming mood. I hope he pulls thru :smile: , but I have little or no sympathy since he was street racing. :mad:

I am just glad he didnt kill any innocent drivers or pedestrians for his stupidity.

Pretty old story (happened months ago) but pretty common occurrence, unfortunately. I hope he gets better. Tough way to learn a lesson.

Re: A wew 350z owner + street racing

hmmm....I wonder if this was a street race or street challenge? (stirring the pot, and puts on flame suit)

Seems more like a street f*ck up:wink:

This is kinda shocking , River oaks is a really wealthy community hear in Houston,TX one of the nicest houses in houston are in that community. Homes from 300k-to over 4million:eek: .Some of the Houston's basketball players and football players live there.

Hope they are okay. But i mean comone its only a 350z how did he loose control? Its not like its a 12 second car.

A little superglue and it'll be like new!

Hmmm... Is his "staff" infected?

Better not be with staph...

Pretty amazing the amount of "live space" left in that wreck. Looks like either he got really lucky, or the car did what it was supposed to.

Let's hope he's ok...

Dang I'm super surprised that both of them survived that wreck!! I hope he gets better, better yet I hope he learns his lesson! I suppose he'll have his license revoked till 18 which won't necessarily be a bad thing for both him and the community.

It's crashes like these where I'm glad that I drive a 8k lb truck with steel replacements on both ends.

11693255.jpg

Very poor risk management picking a 30mph zone, hopefully a lesson well learned if he even recovers.

This was posted on My350z.com

Original link to thread
Another thread showing ugly side and unforgiveness of human nature. He lost his car, he got hurt badly, not sure about his current status. If he does recover, it is likely that he learned something from this tough lesson.

but angry at this entire "street racing" scene. Let's hope he recovers well.
Jerry,

Don't get too angry over that:smile:. That term generalized any form of illegal speeding outside of track.

Stretching the legs alone at wrong time, wrong location is just as dangerous. He could had done that even if he wasn't engaged in speed contest with another car.

When I took you out to stretch my legs at the SGV meet a while back. We wasn't racing anyone, wasn't going "that" fast and were the only car on the road, no close calls, but we could had ended up like that 350Z. Due to the unfamiliar location, surrounding, condition, and time of day. These factors amplified the potential risk substantially. The could haves was the scary part, I never felt that much danger in NSX prior. It really scared me and has been a constant reminder to be extra careful. Since then whenever people ask for a ride I just kindly explain that I am not a very good driver:tongue:, and there are far faster NSXes out there that can give them scarier experience.

Not trying to convince anyone here. Just wish people drive carefully and pay attention to "surrouding" even if just stretching legs by yourself under all conditions.

This is kinda shocking , River oaks is a really wealthy community hear in Houston,TX one of the nicest houses in houston are in that community. Homes from 300k-to over 4million:eek: .Some of the Houston's basketball players and football players live there.

Yeah, I'd like to know how this could ever happen in a wealthy neighborhood! :rolleyes:

Nice and rich doesn't always mean smart.

This might explain how a 16 year old got a 350Z. Dunno about you guys but when I was 16, no way in hell I could afford a Z equivalent of the time. Even if I could, no way in hell my parents would give me the green light until I had a few years of driving under my belt to prove to them that im not retarded. They don't want me to end up like this kid, or another famous case of money and debatable common sense causing an accident. Nick Hogan's crash in FL that put his passenger in a coma.

...no way in hell my parents would give me the green light until I had a few years of driving under my belt to prove to them that im not retarded...

My parents were the same way. They game me a screaming fast pea green 1978 Dodge Colt (0-60 in two days) to drive when I got my learners permit. The stupid thing I did was get a speeding ticket two weeks after getting my license. Needless to say I was riding my bike again for two months before I got the car keys back (self-imposed sanction, btw - which probably shortened my sentence :smile:). I got the ticket, gave the keys back to my dad and said "Give them back when you think I should be allowed to drive again".

A couple days ago a E63AMG race a mustang. They end up killed an innocent man in AZ. Now they both trial for 2nd degree murder.

Saw that recently.
There was a big thread on MBworld about the E63 owner (think it got deleted though). He's in his 40s too.
Too bad he had to kill a former state legislature in that race with the mustang. I'm sure those 2 will be set as an example.

I am just glad no "innocent" vehicles were involved. If some jerk wants to race and speed on city streets, and someone is going to be injured, I always pray it is the jerk, or jerks, doing the illegal driving and no one else. And to set the record straight, I was a jerk when I was his age too.

Back