• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Ferrari F1 sound

IMHO, nothing sounds better than an F1 car. You know there are CD's out there of nothing but Ferrari F1 sounds or you can just F1 sounds in general. Or one of Ferrari cars in general. Very nice.

Last edited:
You're in luck!

ChopsJazz said:
You think I can program that as my cell phone ring?

hmmm... What a coincidence! I had my cel' phone ring-tone set to a screaming F1 car going by. I was under contract w/ Vodafone in London, UK two years ago (therefore I assume it was the F2003 driven by Schumacher or Baricello as Vodafone is a major sponsor of the Scuderia F1 racing team). I simply downloaded the ring-tone from their web-site. I do know that many other web-sites have almost any ring-tone you can ever think of. However, you need a polyphonic ring-tone & GPRS capable cel'. The former is for the ability to play the desired sound-bytes, the latter is to be able to download the desired sound-byte. :cool:

Not bad. But personally i think nothing sounds as sweet as an NSX. To me, the F1's sounds like a sexy woman with a whiny high-pitched voice - she looks GREAT and is a fast mover, but you dont want to be too close to her, and she can grate on your nerves. Eventually you'll need earplugs to shut her up. :p

The NSX, on the otherhand, doesn't sound like any other car. The NSX engine is one you can live with. :) It has a slight rough quality at low RPMs, but sounds better and better all the way to 8000RPM.

i'm sure there's a dirty joke/pun in that analogy, but I'll leave that for the dirty-pun experts on this thread. :D

Not sure about that. But the NSX has one of the most copied exhausts and engine sounds in the world. The Ford GT, Saleen S7, and McLaren F1 all took their inspiration from the NSX.

Ponyboy said:
Not sure about that. But the NSX has one of the most copied exhausts and engine sounds in the world. The Ford GT, Saleen S7, and McLaren F1 all took their inspiration from the NSX.

This is the first time I hear this, do you have any reference??

NSXDreamer2 said:
This is the first time I hear this, do you have any reference??

Sorry, the references are from various magazines I've read. I'd have to go back in my magazine library to find the stuff. Of course, the sound they try to emulate is when the NSX is at and past VTEC.

Back