• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Festival of Speed (lots-o-pics)

I wrote this up for a local board but thought y'all might enjoy it also. These are from the Festival of Speed in St Pete yesterday.

----

What's this? Okay I'm slipping in a picture of my car for a reason to be explained later. :)
IMG_1514c.jpg

Seems like everywhere I go lately, there's an SLR. I think this is the first black one I've seen. I gotta figure out a way to score a ride in one of these.
IMG_1517c.jpg

This is one badass Jag. 200+ mph...
IMG_1519c.jpg

Now what the hell is this? It's like somebody said "ya know, I like that Lotus Elise but it's just too bloated" and trimmed it down. There were a bunch of Elise's at this show, all bunched up together like a school of minnows in an ocean of sharks.
IMG_1524c.jpg

There was some serious racing muscle at this show. This is a Mercedes CLK GTR.
IMG_1530c.jpg

More serious muscle. FXX!
http://sarasotadetail
I wrote this post for a car board I frequent but thought some here might enjoy it to.com/gallery2/main.php/d/4427-2/IMG_1532c.jpg

I believe this is a 911 GT1, yet more serious muscle.
IMG_1534c.jpg

Stepping back in time, a Ferrari that kind of looks like a normal sports car.
IMG_1535c.jpg

Maserati MC12 - There were two of these monsters present.
IMG_1536c.jpg

Poor F-40 (or is this an F-50?), sitting all by itself and no one paying a bit of attention to it! :(
IMG_1540c.jpg

Then we got to the Lambo section. There were bunches of 'em...
IMG_1546c.jpg

Diablo!
IMG_1548c.jpg

What's funny about this is we were walking along the sidewalk and this kid is right behind us in his little Enzo when we (and the kid) have to move off into the grass so a real Enzo could drive by!
IMG_1557c.jpg

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, here comes a McLarren F1!
IMG_1564c.jpg

Oh. My. God.
IMG_1565c.jpg

I don't know what this truck was doing at this show, but I imagine a conversation like this.

"Hey Billy-Bob, I saw me one of them Honda Civic cars downtown today and it had these doors that go up instead of out. I'm gonna do that to my truck!" ;)
IMG_1569c.jpg

The next time someone says "all motor", compare it to this.
IMG_1576c.jpg

Drool...
IMG_1582c.jpg

Beep beep! Hello! Move please, million dollar car coming through!
IMG_1588c.jpg

I couldn't believe it, there were a half dozen Pantera's there! This is the car from the late 70's that gave me the lust for a mid-engine sports car. Wow.
IMG_1594c.jpg

No surprise there were several Ford GT's, but this one was different. Turned into a targa roof and other mods. For sale for a cool quarter million.
IMG_1597c.jpg

Here's the mystery for today. What the hell is that shifter all about?
IMG_1599c.jpg

It was in this car:
IMG_1600c.jpg

That 911 GT1 looks nice from the ass end.
IMG_1603c.jpg

This was cool. As we were walking back to our car, I spotted this parked along the street!
IMG_1613c.jpg

I'm glad my car wasn't the only exotic out by the curb (not like I'm in the same league as a Carrera GT but still...). Oh, and the reason I put my picture first - I'd been assured there would be a couple NSX's at this show but we didn't see a single one so my car is it! Still and all, it was a great show with a lot of quality muscle.

That's it for now. All these pictures, plus a bunch more, plus larger resolutions are at:

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/main.php/v/sarashows...alofspeed/?g2_page=1

...later!...

Hey Body Painter...I must have been parked right across from you! I was there yesterday in my 92 Black NSX....I was parked along the same street as you but I was next to the water! I didnt see your car :eek:( I was on the lookout for some nsx's and didnt see any! well, I saw 1, a newer yellow one pulling out of the condos over there where they had it roped off where the festival was at, but thats it. There were none in the show! I was disapointed by that ;O( unless I totally missed them..but I was pretty sure I saw all the cars. Took about 100 pics!

Great pic's.

While the shifter is weird, I think the interior of the Spyker is really awesome.

You are lucky to see some of those rare birds,at an outdoor car show:eek: everyone of those cars are top-shelf:wink: except that truck,its over the top.

Nice pics. I love seeing the McLaren F1. The Enzo is nice too, but something about that McLaren is just right.

poet_x said:
stunning pictures. that yellow Ford GT is a "GTX1". There was a great write-up in MPH magazine about it. It really is a nice conversion.

The shop is located right here in Green Bay Wisconsin and the price is 38K for the conversion.

http://gtx1.com/

Last edited:
the MC F1 is from here in phoenix....
we used that car on some of out speakers boxes, the artwork on the outside.
it is the only one that color in the world, and yeah you can park next to it at the mall sometimes....he drives it alot

great post jim!!!!!! very slick:eek:

Back