• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fiesta Attendees - send me your thoughts!

Well, just the good, clean ones that is.

If I didn't get the opportunity to talk with you on our last Bullet train ride, please pm me with your favorite thing about Japan, your trip, what you liked best, or whatever you would like to communicate about Japan. Please provide me with your first and last name. Your comments will be included in a 2-part article regarding Fiesta and may be attritubed to you directly so . . . keep it clean!

Thank you everyone who already shared their thoughts with me.

Everyone else, send your comments in. The deadline for the 1st article to be submitted is Monday. If you want to be included in the 1st article (really why would you want to wait anyway?) send me your thoughts this weekend!
Thanks,
Pooh (Carla)

Carla,

My memory of this amazing week was to learn that there were so many others out there with my disease (NSXitis). It was incredible to find how easily I could make friends amongst this fine group of people with impeccable taste. The hours spent chatting with everyone on the buses were just so special; itching to do it all again soon has inspired me to see how I can contribute to organising future event(s) (reunions?).

Separately, i was humbled and honoured to have such easy access to the greats who inspired, incubated and nurtured our babies. To be able to talk freely with Kawamoto San and listen as he recounted his memories of working with Jack Brabham in the early 60's are experiences that will never be forgotten.

Best wishes to all,
Paul

You know what I'm going to say what was most memorbable, right Carla?:biggrin:
Riding with GANSAN!

Carla, I just completed several pages of writing for the next issue of NSX Driver. Anybody who is not an NSXCA member should consider joining now in order to receive this issue. It's going to be really, really good.

One article describes my pre-Fiesta experience visiting a friend in northern Japan. The second article describes a few highlights of our excellent tour and my high-speed lap of Suzuka with Mr. Kurosawa. The third article details everything I learned from Mr. Kawamoto, former head of Honda's R&D center.

One thing I didn't put in the article was that when you are in Japan, you need to watch your Asimo. I hope somebody writes about his little adventure...

The third article details everything I learned from Mr. Kawamoto, former head of Honda's R&D center.

Turns out he wasn't just the former head of Honda's R&D Center, Nobuhiku Kawamoto is the former President and CEO of Honda from 90-98. Grew the company from 450 million a year in revenue to 1.78 billion a year. Not too shabby.

Carla, my favorite things about this amazing trip was meeting and talking with Mr. Uehara, Mr. Kawamoto, Mr. Shimizu, and Gansan. I never would have thought those things would have happened. Getting to drive Suzuka...at night...in an NA2 NSX-R was topping on the cake.

Last edited:
ASIMO what?

DSC_7900.jpg

DSC_8062-1.jpg

DSC_8065-1.jpg

Carla, I just completed several pages of writing for the next issue of NSX Driver. Anybody who is not an NSXCA member should consider joining now in order to receive this issue. It's going to be really, really good.

One article describes my pre-Fiesta experience visiting a friend in northern Japan. The second article describes a few highlights of our excellent tour and my high-speed lap of Suzuka with Mr. Kurosawa. The third article details everything I learned from Mr. Kawamoto, former head of Honda's R&D center.

One thing I didn't put in the article was that when you are in Japan, you need to watch your Asimo. I hope somebody writes about his little adventure...

Thank you everyone who has replied so far. Still can use some additional comments, so if you haven't done so please either PM me, post here or email me. Looking forward to reading more comments to include in the NSX Prime magazine.

Would love to have someone email me their high-resolution ASIMO pictures. That definately is a story that should be told. Thanks for the idea (unless someone else wants to run with it!)

Keep the comments coming!

Another 2 items that didn't make it into my articles for NSX Driver:

At the final night's party they served the largest flan I will ever see: an absolutely perfect inverted conical frustum (classical shape for a flan) at least 12 inches in diameter and covered with caramel sauce. I didn't get a photo; eating it was a higher priority. It was delicious!

I also met the lead designer for the exterior of the car. He signed the page of my black/silver book showing NSX concept drawings.

Back