Finally got one! Fate was on my side :)

Well another NSX has arrived in Canada. I just brought up a 1991 Red black
NSX. I was extreamly happy to get this car as it has been a long time coming.
This is an odd story so I might ramble :biggrin:

I started seaching for a low mile garage queen back in 2006. I had found the one I was looking for in NY state 1991 with 12k miles on it. Made the deal on the car was ready to travel down when the CDN dollar took a big hit and pushed the car out of my price range.(I was over my limit to begin with) :redface: So the car and I went different ways.

Now 2012 I am back in the market for a clean low mile car. I see on Prime a 1991 in Missouri come up last month. 20k mile original super clean car. I jumped on it right away after speaking with the owner and had it shipped to Rochester where I picked it up. Car is perfect inside and out. When looking at the vin and history of the car I realized this was the exact car I tried to buy in 2006!! When I backed out of the deal the car was sold to this gentleman in MO. I was a little taken back when I found that out to say the least :eek:

As for the car I will post some pics soon. I run a small parts shop where we specialize in track performance. I am involved with Ontario Time Attack in my Mazdaspeed 3. The NSX will get special treatment while still keeping the car pure. Most parts on this car will be a showcase on what I sell. Mods will include:

SSR 17/18 Type C wheels
Sabelt Titan Seats
Buddy Club rails
Buddy Club Racing spec coilovers/ or KW Club sports not sure on this one.
Taitec GP light weight exhaust
SOS headers
Sabelt Steering wheel with Works Bell hub
Braille light weight battery
Downforce diffuser...not really sure what way I will go with Aero.
Hawk HP+ PADS with powerslot rotors F/R

I should have this completed by September then I will work on small changes
all focused on handling. I can't say how excited I am to be working with this platform. The car is over 20yrs old and I am hard pressed to find anything else I would want to drive today!

Would really like to get your feed back on what has worked for you. My first
question would be spring rates?
Cheers
John

awesome story!!! and congrats! wow since 2006. it scares me how patient one must be to find that perfect nsx!

Well another NSX has arrived in Canada. I just brought up a 1991 Red black
NSX. I was extreamly happy to get this car as it has been a long time coming.
This is an odd story so I might ramble :biggrin:

I started seaching for a low mile garage queen back in 2006. I had found the one I was looking for in NY state 1991 with 12k miles on it. Made the deal on the car was ready to travel down when the CDN dollar took a big hit and pushed the car out of my price range.(I was over my limit to begin with) :redface: So the car and I went different ways.

Now 2012 I am back in the market for a clean low mile car. I see on Prime a 1991 in Missouri come up last month. 20k mile original super clean car. I jumped on it right away after speaking with the owner and had it shipped to Rochester where I picked it up. Car is perfect inside and out. When looking at the vin and history of the car I realized this was the exact car I tried to buy in 2006!! When I backed out of the deal the car was sold to this gentleman in MO. I was a little taken back when I found that out to say the least :eek:

As for the car I will post some pics soon. I run a small parts shop where we specialize in track performance. I am involved with Ontario Time Attack in my Mazdaspeed 3. The NSX will get special treatment while still keeping the car pure. Most parts on this car will be a showcase on what I sell. Mods will include:

SSR 17/18 Type C wheels
Sabelt Titan Seats
Buddy Club rails
Buddy Club Racing spec coilovers/ or KW Club sports not sure on this one.
Taitec GP light weight exhaust
SOS headers
Sabelt Steering wheel with Works Bell hub
Braille light weight battery
Downforce diffuser...not really sure what way I will go with Aero.
Hawk HP+ PADS with powerslot rotors F/R

I should have this completed by September then I will work on small changes
all focused on handling. I can't say how excited I am to be working with this platform. The car is over 20yrs old and I am hard pressed to find anything else I would want to drive today!

Would really like to get your feed back on what has worked for you. My first
question would be spring rates?
Cheers
John

Well it was not so much patience but monetary restrictions. I also had other cars to fill the void just nothing like an NSX.

Last edited:
Looks like it was destiny!

Your shop should sponsor the NSX Club of Canada. With Club affiliation, watch your customers geographic base expand from coast to coast.

Congratulations !! If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the NSX Wiki on this site. You can access it off the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of good info for new owners.
Enjoy!

Kouki, are you the same Kouki Monster from son240sx?

It was a pretty good feeling getting it home. Though it was a bit of work. That is my trailer so I went down and picked it up and hauled it back. The transport truck met me in Rochester. It was a great relief to finally tuck it away!!

Last edited:
I just picked mine up so im sure the first feeling is similar. I smile everytime I walk into the garage.

Post up pics!!

wow!!! 20,000 miles on a 1991! The only thing that would have made this better, is if the car was a Canadian NSX, but still -- that is impressive low miles for a 1991. I think you might hold the Canadian World Record.

What Serial number ? low, mid, higher?

Type-J is the master of links.

very nice car...like they say if it was meant to be it was meant to be...and i see you have finally realized that good stuff

[QUOTE=nikey22;The only thing that would have made this better, is if the car was a Canadian NSX...

And why would this make a difference:rolleyes:?

With less that 700 car sold in Canada over 15 year, it nice to see Folks importing nice US models.

Bram

Back