• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Finally my own one

Cool, that is great to hear. I am a Texan, living and working in Stavanger Norway! I get over to Oslo often. In fact, will be there this coming week. Will be over in Stockholm week after next. Du bor nesten Stockholm? Vi kan avling sammen for lunjc?!?! Ha da Bra!

NetViper said:
I drove a 91 auto and it had power steering and I found it to be VERY heavy at low speeds. I cannot imagine what it is like to drive one without PS. But i want to try! :-)

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

NetViper, I don't think you would miss the power steering at all. You would get used to it real quick. Once you are going about 5-10MPH you can already steer with one hand. I switch between my wifes new 04 Lexus RX 330 with a very light power steering to my 92 NSX and I don't miss a beat :) I actually drove a 91 auto as well once and from memory the steering for some odd reason felt just as heavy at low speeds as my 5-speed 92.

ChrisK said:
NetViper, I don't think you would miss the power steering at all. You would get used to it real quick.

That quote from NetViper is two years old. He now has an NSX that does not have power steering.

nsxtasy said:
That quote from NetViper is two years old. He now has an NSX that does not have power steering.

Hehehe, I didn't notice the date. I thought it was kind of odd since I know he has the white 93. :D

nsxtasy said:
...but I'm planning to install HID headlights (since they're so terrific on my Integra GS-R).

Ken, is this going to be a DIY job, or are you going to get it professionally installed? If the latter, have you decided where you are taking it? Let me also ask the obvious: I assume this is going to be the SoS kit?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of a similar upgrade (not immediately, but rather, at some point down the line).

Regards.

Swede,
If you just want super white head lights, I would just buy a pair of Xenon bulb with Krypton gas (100/80W should be fine and bright enough). they cost about us$30 on ebay. If you want somthing with a little blue or purple, just get a Xenon bulb with color temperature of 4500K or above. I am using the brand named "showoff" xenon krypton bulb, they have pretty good quality. I used them in two cars, one of them is over a year and I never have any problem, and they are very "white"

NSXaholic said:
Ken, is this going to be a DIY job, or are you going to get it professionally installed? If the latter, have you decided where you are taking it? Let me also ask the obvious: I assume this is going to be the SoS kit?

I had a custom HID kit installed on my NSX in the winter of 2001-2002, before the SoS kit was on the market.

It was installed by a very proficient mechanic at a high-end BMW repair shop, but he no longer works there.

I would be somewhat less picky about the qualifications of the installer with a kit designed for the NSX like the SoS kit, since it already takes into account stuff like where to route all the wiring, where to mount the individual components, etc.

NSXER119 said:
Xenon bulb with Krypton gas

A "Xenon bulb" - in other words, a bulb containing Xenon gas - is not a true high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting system, including ballasts and igniters as well as the real HID bulbs. Every "Xenon bulb" that I have ever seen, looks nothing like a real HID system. Put it side by side with a quality HID-equipped car and see for yourself.

Back