• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally, Pics of 2004 #92 and friends.

Steve,

Do you have a high-res pic of your garage from a distance (first pic). I would like to frame it and put it on my wall :)

nsxr1 said:
In all honesty, which vehicle is the most overall fun to drive?

I'd like to know the answer to that one too!

Gorgeous garage and NSX BTW...

nsxr1 - "In all honesty, which vehicle is the most overall fun to drive?"

It depends...

The weather was cooler than normal the other night, couldn't sleep, so I took the NSX out for a late night drive. Top off, no radio and loved every minute of it. Still getting the feel of the car and really like the overall balance of it. A nice backcountry road at one am and the howl of the NSX at high rpm’s was a blast. I had 600 miles on it when I left the drive way and 699 when I pulled back into the garage.

If we are going out for a Sunday family cruise, it's hard to beat the attention you get when we pull up in the 3 Prowlers and the SSR (my youngest daughter is afraid to drive the Prowlers, she can't see over the hood).

High-speed "stealthy" type trips are most fun for me in the CTS-V, most people have know clue what’s under the hood. Most cops think "Caddy" = old fart, slow driver. I have surprised several BMW drivers, love the puzzled looks on their faces when a CTS walks them on the interstate. It handles pretty good and has great brakes to go with the speed.

The Viper is always fun, 500 + ft lbs of torque will always put a smile on my face.

If I had to " track" one of them it would be the Z06. The seating position fits me perfectly. I have more miles in C5 vettes than any of the others and I am more comfortable driving the Z06 closer to its limits.

I guess I can't really answer the question, there all fun!

SaberX - I have had an extra car or two around for while but it was just about 4 years ago that I had the room to keep more of them around. Of the cars I currently have, the '69 Camaro SS has been with me the longest - 5 yrs. I have not seen Gates' garage, with all that money it has got to be unbelievable. Jay Leno is my hero, he likes all kinds of cars. I find something to appreciate in almost every car.

NSXWIND - sjones is right. The '04 SL600 and the '04 E55 are the wife’s. I like them but I think the driving experience is a little to sanitized in Mercedes. She had an '03 S600 that she traded in on the E55. The S600 was my favorite of the Mercedes - big, comfortable, fast, classic style.

NetViper - If you really want the hi res image I can e-mail it to you. I have a buddy that has a bazillion mega pixel camera. He wants to come out and take a group photo of the cars. Just have to find a good day to do it. Plus the time to get them all reasonably clean.

Impressive garage! :eek:

Has your wife ever question you about your car collection habit? I guess you can always tell her about her shoes collection too :D

Awesome!

I am coming to your house to shuffle around all your garage door openers between cars. :D :D :D That should keep you busy for a few days.

one word that comes to my mind...

DISGUSTING!!

in a VERY good way. the pic of the z06 nsx srt10, the nsx just looks sexy cause its so small and sleek.

btw, i just noticed that the nsx front end looks hsc 'ish. does anyone see it too??

I too cannot be satisfied with just one toy. However, I've just started and I don't think I'll ever compete with what you have in your garage. I will show my wife the photos you took so my full (measly 4+ car) garage won't look so bad.

Thanks for the pictures....

Steve T said:

NetViper - If you really want the hi res image I can e-mail it to you. I have a buddy that has a bazillion mega pixel camera. He wants to come out and take a group photo of the cars. Just have to find a good day to do it. Plus the time to get them all reasonably clean.

Yeah, I would love a pic. Your garage is an inpiration for me.

Re: Re: Simply Stunning!

Meeyatch1 said:
Any pictures of Bill Gates garage??

No - security didn't let anyone take any pictures. I was actually lucky enough to go to his home twice and have dinner with him while I was an intern at Microsoft. They bussed us down to his house (there were about 40 interns there and some VPs) and on the way we got to look into his garage. It was a pimp setup with lots of nice exotics and his DD, which at the time was a Lexus. Attached is a pic from an interactive USNews story on the construction of his house. Here is a quote from the article:

"Size: 6,300 sq. ft.
This cavelike structure is the largest and best hidden of three garages. Built entirely underground of concrete and stainless steel, it can easily park 10 or more cars. Some of the concrete is purposely broken for a "deconstructivist" look. "

Attachments

• garage.gif
    garage.gif
    34 KB · Views: 13,923
“If the saying is true” The man with the most toy's at the end wins, you are definitely in the running!

Remember, The man with the most toys "at the end"... is still dead.

Be prepared and just take one of these cars to church every Sunday... (Jesus would drive an NSX! *just don't ask for a bible reference for THAT!*) :D

Doc "Preacher" Rings

Re: Re: Re: Simply Stunning!

SaberX said:
No - security didn't let anyone take any pictures. I was actually lucky enough to go to his home twice and have dinner with him while I was an intern at Microsoft. They bussed us down to his house (there were about 40 interns there and some VPs) and on the way we got to look into his garage. It was a pimp setup with lots of nice exotics and his DD, which at the time was a Lexus....

What kind of exotics are we talking about? Just curious if he had 'normal' exotics or some really crazy stuff. Thank you in advance.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Simply Stunning!

Meeyatch1 said:
What kind of exotics are we talking about? Just curious if he had 'normal' exotics or some really crazy stuff. Thank you in advance.

I wish I could tell you. I got to look in the garage as we drove by for about 40 seconds. I'm sure I saw some Ferrari's etc. At the time, I didn't have my "exotic car decoder ring" that I do now. Just some fancy sports car rear ends that I didn't recognize at the time. I know he also has a Porsche 959 - but I can't really tell which Porsches are the good ones outside of the GT badging etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Simply Stunning!

SaberX said:
but I can't really tell which Porsches are the good ones outside of the GT badging etc.

GT is actually a relatively new concept for American 911's. I'm pretty sure the 996 GT2 and 996 GT3 are the only road 911's every to carry the GT badge in America. The GT1, GT2, and GT3 race cars have existed since, I believe, IMSA introduced those classes in sports car racing.

Quick guide to noteworty 911's asses

2.7 RS = I think it was a 1973 model, it has a little duck tail
Turbo S = 1997 993 turbo with air inlets above and forward of the rear wheels
RS America = ~1995 whale tail, non turbo (986 model)
959 = actually quite similar to an NSX in the rump

and I'm sure you have noticed the 996 GT3 and GT2 both have rear wings that differ from the other porsche aero kits

If you live in Florida, like I do, this guide does not apply. The number of Porsches masquerading as better models is both insane and inane. We've got other "great" poser cars here as well. I should mention that the "flat fendered M3" and the "SL500 AMG" are two of my favorites. We've got the fastback Corvette coupes with the ducts from a Z06 and V6 Camaro SS as well. The list goes on, but, as we all know, even a Hyundai can be a "Type R"...

Sorry for the digression

Steve T said:

Where do I sign up for a copy? :)

I would like one of the garage and one of all of them together.

Your garage is just amazing. Damn.

Regards

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Simply Stunning!

slashmatt said:
GT is actually a relatively new concept for American 911's. I'm pretty sure the 996 GT2 and 996 GT3 are the only road 911's every to carry the GT badge in America...

The Carrera GT (while not a 911) is also a sweet Porsche GT model.

Re: Simply Stunning!

Wow - unbelievable collection! You must be good at what you do and you are an inspiration to us all! Looking at your garage reminds me of all the times my dad let me know how expensive having 4 kids is and what he would have done with all the money. :)

Anyway - how does one end up with 3 Prowlers? When did you decide that 2 where not enough and you needed a 3rd one?

;)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oops, sorry. I could not pick my jaw up from off the keyboard.

Now that is a garage. Congrats!

Back