• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally returning to the NSX community

Hey all!

I don't know how many remember me but I'm John, the owner of a 2002 Silverstone NSX from the chicago burbs.

1962156_698366333519432_1849538537_o.jpg

I've met some of you over the last 9 years i've owned the NSX and i've tried time and again to join in on meets and cruises for the last few years but always seemed to be busy with other things (work, school, getting married, etc)

Well this year I am finally in a stable enough situation where i can finally start working on my car again :) It's been about 5 years since ive really done anything to it so I have BIG plans ahead :D

Here's my list of what I plan to get done:

1) Suspension - Getting my suspension (Tein Flex w/ EDFC) thoroughly inspected and repaired/retuned. The EDFC stopped working a few years back so thats first on my list of getting the car back in working order.

2) Replace Car Alarm The old Clifford system remote stopped working and they discontinued the kit so i've been just using the key to lock/unlock the car lol

3) Steering wheel I want to keep my airbag so right now the plan is to put in an RSX-S steering wheel

4) Center Console Updating my head unit and NAV system. My nav is old and outdated so that needs updating. Also I've been spoiled by the tech in my daily driver so i want to have BLUETOOTH, USB port, MP3 playback ability :)

5) NSX-R cf wing I like em, fuck it :p

6) Engine Performance THIS IS THE REALLY BIG ONE - Science of Speed Twin Turbo kit. I've always wanted to get more power and i've ridden in a supercharged NSX and some turbo cars and I decided that Turbo is more to my taste. This will obviously lead to some other mods (Gauges, BOV, Turbo timer, Clutch, Building up the engine, etc)

So that's the plan for now. It will probably take a few years but I'm just happy to be working on the car again.

For those that are familiar with them, Touge Factory, will be starting the suspension work sometime next month so if you want to drop in I'll most likely be there most weekends :D

Any suggestions with the interior stuff is most appreciated as i have the least experience with modding that stuff.

Hope to meet more of you this year!

Last edited:
Hi John,

It's nice to see you post again! We will most likely be doing a Lake Geneva meet and drive in late May or early June so stay tuned.

One of our local guys had the RSX steering wheel and just removed it, call me if you want more info.

Do you have any plans for this Sunday? Some of us are going to Mitswa in Arlington heights in early afternoon, we are most likely driving our NSXs there.

Awww sunday im busy with a birthday party and filming for a short film ive been working on.

My NSX is still in hibernation mode anyway but say hi to everyone who shows up :)

How much is the guy with the RSX wheel willing to part with it for? Does he have everything id need to install?

I'm not sure, maybe I should just give him your phone number so you guys can talk. He bought a 2004 LBBP and the steering wheel was there but he didn't like it so he bought the OEM one and we put it back to stock so he has everything you need including the hub.

Yeah you can do that or have him message me here

Welcome back! Looking forward to meeting another NSX owner from around here!

Stanley

welcom back!!

Great to see another silverstone in the Chgo/Mke community. Welcome back and I look forward to meeting you.

Looks like you have some good plans! Looking forward to seeing everyone this year! Baby on the way this Summer so I hope scheduling works out okay!

Back