• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finish First has convinced me....no more Zaino!

For years, maybe 10-15, I had been using a product on all of my cars (daily and weekend drivers) called "Finish First." A friend of mine turned me onto it as his detailer uses it on his plane including the windshields (is that what they are called on planes??)...anyways, I bought a C6 Corvette, silver, and everyone convinced me to use Zaino products.

Zaino Impressions: Easy to put on/off, great durability, gorgeous shine, liked the fact that it does not stain black trim.

While I didn't care for the price, or three step process, I finally threw the Zaino 1 Polish Loc and Zaino 5 away and just stuck to the Zaino 2. The Zaino 2 by itself seemed to produce the same results.

I applied Zaino on my C6 no less that every 300 miles of driving...overdid it yes! But it would take me two months to put 300 miles on it! Remained in a garage, under a cover at all times!

Well, I had just Zaino'd the car, and applied Zaino ClearSeal on it when I accidentally parked under a tree. A fine mist of sap got all over the car and, regardless of what I did, would not come off! I was shocked to say the least! I thought the fresh coat of Zaino and ClearSeal would have saved me and the sap would have come off like butter. Eventually, I had to have the car professionally detailed with an Orbital Buffer and Claybar. Even so, the Detailer told me he had a tough time still getting it off!

I have gone back to Finish First. The shine is as good as Zaino, it is as easy to put/off as Zaino, but seems to leave a much more durable, smooth shine. Seems to last for 6 months or more on my daily drivers out here in sunny Phoenix! Water beads forever!

The only thing I don't like about Finish Firsat is, like most products, it can discolor black trim. Oh well!

I beleive Zaino (I could be wrong...don't kill me) is an acrylic product and this is why it won't stain the black trim. Klasse AOI is also an acrylic product and won't stain black trim.

Finish First, and most other products, have "petroleum distilletes" in it. I am no chemist, and have no idea if I am even right; difference between acrylic and petroleum distilletes, but maybe the acrylic products don't stain Black Trim?

BTW...I was very, very unhappy with the Klasse AIO. No durability, no shine, yuk!

Anyone else have similar results?

Anyone else try Finish First?

Just was on the finish first website, reasonably priced. Never heard of their products. Just don't buy the California duster, horrible for the paint, and scrathches it. Havent used mine after going on autogeek and detailers bliss. Two very knowledgable websites about detailing products an how to's. Frank

I have absolutely no relationship with Finish First....none...zip!

However, I just can't say enough about this stuff!

We received a total of one years worth of rain in two days last week here in Phoenix. My Hummer got absolutely filthy!

While it doesn't rain very often, asphalt roads become a complete mess when it does. Oil deposits from all of the illegal aliens cars from Mexico drip oil everywhere (don't believe me....try having a garage sale in your driveway anywhere in Phoenix. You will be bombarded by illegals and have oil deposits all over your driveway, in front of your house, etc.). Just a fact considering 18% of AZ's population consists of illegals from Mexico....anyways....when the occasional rain mixes with the oil accumulation on the road, you get a nice, almost licorice coating all over your car that has the consistency of melted tar. Well, last weeks "tar" coating simply washed right off of my Hummer. Finish First kept it from adhering to the paint!

Now, before I start getting bashed about using the words "illegal alien," I agree it may not be politically correct...but Phoenix is #2 in the world for kidnapping, our hospitals are going broke, about a dozen police officers have been killed by illegals in the past several years, and up to 75% of homicides in Phoenix involve illegals. Kinda makes Los Angeles look good again!

I love Finish First!

Just was on the finish first website, reasonably priced. Never heard of their products. Just don't buy the California duster, horrible for the paint, and scrathches it. Havent used mine after going on autogeek and detailers bliss. Two very knowledgable websites about detailing products an how to's. Frank

Last edited:
Back