• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Fire extinguisher and mount

Hi, i am curious what people are using. I like the mount Dali sells that clamps to the front seat bolts but i am not allowed to buy from him. Anyone know where else you can get something similar? I have a harness bar (ti dave) so a mount for that would work also.
Thanks

I have an ethical problem because he has ripped off so many people. Myself included! But darn, he does have a lot of stuff for our cars, doesn't he? I should see if someone might order it for me- i pay them a fee but they take the risk!

I hear about the problems but I have never one. He has gone out of his way to help me. On my first track day I had a tire go out and had to go home. As he is not reading this I will tell you this. He told me he would cover my next time at the track but not to tell any one. I didn't know him and had never gotten anything from him.

When he runs track event the price is so low he has to pay himself. Last time he only let 30 car sign up. Most group have more than 90. I know the cost to rent the track. We only had one run group not the 3 and 4 most have. I tracked over 350 miles that day. Normal I get 120 miles with the PCA and less with for profit groups.

So this is just one more thing in life I don't understand.

Lance

One more big thumbs up for Mark/Dali Racing. I've heard all the BS but he has always been there for me, even on the weekend, even when he's on vacation for Christ sake. What more can you ask from a guy who sells what we need at wholesale prices. Lighten up on him, he really does get it.

edit: btw, I've got his f.e. mount and its a very nice piece.

Last edited:
Hard to lighten up on him when he owes you over $500 and wont reply to emails....and you must be joking about about the vacation- yeah i really feel sorry for him that he has a successful business and chooses to ocassionally work on the weekend.

I have Dali's mount and **may** be selling it. Will know in a month or so. Let me know if you're interested and can wait.

I used to have the Dali mount, but I've parted out the car and its just about sold. The only thing I have left is a perfect condition fire extinguisher that mounts up to it nicely. I haven't listed it for sale yet, but if you want it - PM me.

Update. I will be selling mine. Take my mount & Hijacker's extinguisher and you'll be all set.

One more big thumbs up for Mark/Dali Racing. I've heard all the BS but he has always been there for me, even on the weekend, even when he's on vacation for Christ sake. What more can you ask from a guy who sells what we need at wholesale prices. Lighten up on him, he really does get it.

Are you suggesting that the dozens of people who all say they have been ripped off are lying? Because when you say "BS", that's what it sounds like. There are literally dozens of "I never had any problems until this last time when I ordered... I'll never order from him again". Some of these people feel they are owed thousands. I've never bought from Dali, but that kind of reputation really scares me. His trader rating is like 50%.

I have the Dali mount and give it a thumbs-up as I do for Dali itself -- great service over a 15-year period.

I have the Dali mount and it's been fine. Ordering from Dali, on the other hand, is taking a risk. Sometimes it's fine and then all of a sudden you don't get any communication at all.

However, if you do decide to gamble, pay with PayPal since, based on personal experience and what I've read, he has a pretty good track record of refunding your money if you file a complaint with PayPal. You don't have the mount, but at least you got your money back.

Since you seem to have so much success with him, how about you buy 10 of these and resell the parts to those who don't want to deal with him. Or - do you not want to take the risk of ordering something and having him screw you over to like he does everyone else? :rolleyes:

Since you seem to have so much success with him, how about you buy 10 of these and resell the parts to those who don't want to deal with him. Or - do you not want to take the risk of ordering something and having him screw you over to like he does everyone else? :rolleyes:
Funny you should put it that way. Shad and I have a theory that the way Mark Johnson gets away with selling parts so cheaply is he buys 10 units of xyz part, sells 9 of them at cost and delivers them on time. On the tenth order he 'takes the money & runs' and does not deliver the part thereby making his profit. Nine happy customers and one very pissed-off customer = 90% satisfaction.

Funny you should put it that way. Shad and I have a theory that the way Mark Johnson gets away with selling parts so cheaply is he buys 10 units of xyz part, sells 9 of them at cost and delivers them on time. On the tenth order he 'takes the money & runs' and does not deliver the part thereby making his profit. Nine happy customers and one very pissed-off customer = 90% satisfaction.

That's just silly!

I bought from Dali Racing for 6 years, I never had any problem with Mark, he always responds to my mail and more, it has a lot of humor : Smile:, here are pictures of medium purchased from him, the a handy location is safe, just two seconds to grab the fire extinguisher, a position behind the driver's seat you will lose valuable time in the event of a fire every second counts: Cool:

the a handy location is safe, just two seconds to grab the fire extinguisher, a position behind the driver's seat you will lose valuable time in the event of a fire every second counts: Cool:

I respectfully disagree. You'll never get to that location with a racing harness on (now I know you don't appear to have one in your car, but there is one in mine). Also, behind my seat ensures the number one rule of a car fire: GET OUT OF THE CAR. Then if feasible I can reach in for the 2.5lb tank, which is only going to discharge for 9 seconds until it is empty. Meaning if it's anything serious, it's not going to help anyway.

Last edited:
I don't get why every time there is a thread about Dali people post that they have been buying from him for so long without problems. I understand you are telling the truth. But OK, so what?

The dozens of people who have been ripped off are not all liars. They aren't all someone who did something wrong or were at fault. This site is littered with complaints about mark. The fact that you've been lucky for a year, 3 years, even 10 years, doesnt really mean anything. So what is you guys' point when you make the post? To me it is rather insensitive to the guy that has been ripped off. When you say "well I've never had a problem", what is that supposed to mean? That the other guys are lying?

I am not upset nor do I mean any disrespect to any of you guys that stand up for him by my post here. I am simply asking a question. What is the point of standing up for him? I don't get it.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. You'll never get to that location with a racing harness on (now I know you don't appear to have one in your car, but there is one in mine). Also, behind my seat ensures the number one rule of a car fire: GET OUT OF THE CAR. Then if feasible I can reach in for the 2.5lb tank, which is only going to discharge for 9 seconds until it is empty. Meaning if it's anything serious, it's not going to help anyway.

Good points. Thanks for selling me your seat mount.

LOL... I'm just busting your balls. :biggrin: I'm monting a subwoofer to it anyway.

Back