• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

flatlandfoiler

hey guys, I am looking for advice and or videos in regards to changing my stock steering wheel to a momo tuner wheel with NRG quick release hub.
I have purchased both ,but am hesitant to dive into it without more knowledge, I also plan on using the horn button as well as cruise control.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is pretty simple to do. You need only a Phillips screwdriver, a star shaped bit, (I forget which size) and I think it is a 17mm deep socket to get the Oem off. There is a red dummy connector clipped to the airbag which you cover the airbag connector with when not in use to prevent a short which would cause the airbag to open. Some people do not use it but it is cheap insurance for safety. Then you only need the deep socket and an Allen key for the aftermarket stuff. You'll also need to install a shunt/jumper wire to trick the airbag system so your warning light goes off. The hardest part is getting it lined up.... It can take several attempts. But it is rather easy. Git-r-done. What I do is thread the 17 mm locking nut on lightly, and drive 100 yards down the street to get a feel of which way it needs to be adjusted. Once you get it very close, an alignment shop can adjust the tie rods and dial it in perfectly. You'll be just fine. Very simple.

T30 torx bit for the airbag. Jinks pretty much covered it, but there are older threads about this as well if you do a search.

Put your question in the title of the thread to aid people who will be aiding you.

Back