• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

florida auto insurance rates

I looked at posting this in the Florida NSX area, but the traffic there is pretty low and I know a number of FL people read the off topic forum....

So, I got an email from my dad asking me who I use for auto insurance. The answer is irrelevant since I'm in MA and he is in FL so I told him I'd ask around.

He and my mom have a single vehicle, a 1999 Chrysler Sebring. They are both 62. He is currently insured with AARP/Hartford and they are charging him $1827/year. His car probably isn't worth that much. He called AAA and the best rate they could give him after comparing six different companies (so they claim) was with Travelers for $1640.

If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

If they have good driving records- (clean for 5+ years) check with Geico, I've never found a company that could beat their rates but you need a great driving record to get great prices.
I have 3 cars and pay less than $900/year. single too.

Unfortunately Delray has the highest insurance rates for Palm Beach County. I just moved there from Boca Raton and my rates went up a little and I'm only seven miles from where I used to live. I haven't had a claim in eight years and no tickets on my record in five years. The problem here is that there are a lot of elderly drivers who drive like they are in bumper cars.

As for an insurance company to recommend, give Progressive a call. They are pretty competitive.

Geico for us. We haven't found anyone to beat their price. Just bought an umbrella policy from them last month also (they were cheaper than our homeowners company).

If they have good driving records- (clean for 5+ years) check with Geico, I've never found a company that could beat their rates but you need a great driving record to get great prices.
I have 3 cars and pay less than $900/year. single too.

That's pretty cool. I have 1 car (truck) and pay $4200 a year :biggrin:

Back