• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$$$ For Clutch in Atlanta

I just called Ed Voles Accura on Peachtree Industrial. They quoted me $2,800 for a new clutch . Has anyone got a guy that can do better than this? I mean if I pay 2,800.00 for a clutch, I want to be taught how to do it, so I can do it myself the next time. Yes, I am mechanically inclined.
Thanks,
Dean

2-Saw said:
I just called Ed Voles Accura on Peachtree Industrial. They quoted me $2,800 for a new clutch . Has anyone got a guy that can do better than this? I mean if I pay 2,800.00 for a clutch, I want to be taught how to do it, so I can do it myself the next time. Yes, I am mechanically inclined.
Thanks,
Dean

clutch should be about a 1000 and 1000 for the install depending on the year.
If your dealer charges $89 an hour labor rate, 10 hours should get it done.

Two Things

2-Saw said:
I just called Ed Voles Accura on Peachtree Industrial. They quoted me $2,800 for a new clutch . Has anyone got a guy that can do better than this? I mean if I pay 2,800.00 for a clutch, I want to be taught how to do it, so I can do it myself the next time. Yes, I am mechanically inclined. Thanks, Dean

1 - You do not specify if this is for a five-speed transmission or a six-speed transmission......makes a difference. Mine on the former was $1900.

2 - If you are that mechanically inclined, then do the job yourself and save some money. :smile:

Re: Two Things

Yellow Rose said:
1 - You do not specify if this is for a five-speed transmission or a six-speed transmission......makes a difference. Mine on the former was $1900.

2 - If you are that mechanically inclined, then do the job yourself and save some money. :smile:

isnt the 5 speed cheaper?

Thanks Guys,

Im doing a little saving now, but it is hard to do this time of year. Girlfriend is putting the screws to me about getting her a ring, and does'nt know about the car :biggrin: Oh.. it is a 91 5 speed.

$2,800 for a factory clutch sounds pricey. I paid $1,900 for an RPS clutch and $800 for the install (Hendrick Acura in Charlotte). Mine is a 97, so maybe there's a difference in installation price

Anytime I have a major repair like that I take my car to Barn Man in Nashville. But, if you're not willing to travel check with Acura Carland in Gwinnett. I have heard good things about them. I have not had good experiences with Ed Voyles.

Honestly, that is why i have not pulled the trigger yet. She does not know what I have( not that much) but Im sorta shallow, and she is fine, but will probably brake me in the long run. Believe it or not, Im into looks:rolleyes:

2-Saw said:
Honestly, that is why i have not pulled the trigger yet. She does not know what I have( not that much) but Im sorta shallow, and she is fine, but will probably brake me in the long run. Believe it or not, Im into looks:rolleyes:

post a pic, and im sure prime members will help you decide if she is worth it

:wink: :biggrin:

I just moved from Atlanta... I had a new clutch put in my last NSX about 2 years ago. I ended up going with Honda Tech in Duluth (they used to work at Ed Voyles before they opened their own shop). They charged me $1600. I ended up going to them for everything over the last two years. They were great... I miss having a shop that I can rely on. If you want their number it's 678-475-1395. I hope this helps...

-James

Surfer I called your guy today after i got out of Nally Acura. I going to see him when I get back in town.
VBNSX I would set you up for a couple of days in Atlanta, if you would teach me and give me a list of tools, compressor, etc.... I need. Probably wont happen, but thanks you are inclined to take the job on more than me. 404-234-8091
Coldhammer, killer to meet you, and i did call Dan,..... but you know that.

Thanks everyone for quick response.

Dean

Last edited:
Back