• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For NSXPO 1st Timers

For NSXPO 1st Timers

Brief history
My wife and I have been competing in National and World motor sports for many years. We recently decided to move into a new form of competition. I chose to move into road racing cars, for physical and career longevity reasons.
NSX-Prime seemed to be one good place to start learning. NSXPO seemed like a great place to meet people with the same interests, learn more about the car, and get on a track for the first time (Only then would I know if this is what I wanted to pursue). Oh…about 6 months ago the money from selling my wife’s race equipment went towards buying an NSX street car. Her car is what I borrowed to go to Expo. (She already had unavoidable plans)

OK
As a 1st timer, going to NSXPO alone; Prime made it easy to meet regional people caravanning to Expo. Mark, Maria, Jeff, Don and I met early Tuesday morning. Romeo and Charles didn’t make it because they needed some sleep after working on Romeos car all night. The radios were good pre trip advice; they allowed us to communicate stops and road hazards (well some of them… Mark ran over a deer carcass, then Jeff ran over it, and then I ran over it.)The radios were also a good way to socialize and get to know each other. We soon met up with Gary, Ron and Sue. The weather was cold with heavy rain, but the time went by quick because of the radios. Unbelievably good timing, as we met up with the Florida group Wei Shen, Greg, Scot, Hal, and Carlos. We were on the home stretch. It was about now that we realized that backup batteries are a good idea.

All the people were very social, and it was easy to mingle with anybody. For the most part everybody is here for the same reasons you are. The activities were fun and well organized, and I can assure… you will go home with new friends. I know two other people with NSX’s, and if I have any say in it they will be going next year. I now have no question about moving into road racing, and cant wait to introduce my wife to it at Robeling Raceway in January. If you decide to do the track events, I would suggest good tires, break pads and break fluid. I listed the expo events here http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007072.html

I can’t wait until next year… I’m already getting quotes for transports services to California. I’ve done the west coast drive numerous times for racing, and the time would be difficult to use. Were going to try to book an entire car carrier. It’s better then not having your car, and definitely better then not going… besides I should have an all race NSX by then.

More people the better.

Rob Morrison

It was great to meet you at NSXPO 2002, Rob. I'll see you and your wife next year for NSXPO 2003 at Sears Point, I mean, at Infineon Raceway.

keN

It was good to meet you Rob, and hope to see you at more events.

I went to NSXPO in 2000 at Atlanta and that was way cool but I got to say the Texas Guy's really set the bar high for what an NSXPO could and should be.

The track event was pretty intensive but a great way to learn. One amazing thing is the amount of use (and abuse) the NSX will take and then drive back home.

Maybe I can book a spot on that car carrier next year. BTW: Did you use up all the nitrious on the way back ...
wink.gif

H. Gunner
91 NSX Blk/Blk
74 AMX Wht/Wht
01 CL-S Silver

Ken
One of those NSX friends I mentioned in the 1st post, lives just north of Chicago. I will have to link you guys up at the next regional event. Rene and his wife Julie are really fun people.

Gunner
If we plan early enough, we will probably have enough cars for two carriers. I have rented entire trailers to the west coast for around the $4000 area. I’m guessing a more specialized car carrier will be more expensive, but collectively much less then if shipped individually. Optimistically I’m thinking $1000 to $1200 a car round trip.

You brought up a great point that I forgot when recalling the EXPO; we beat the &(##^& out of these cars (Especially the instructors and the double duty Hicks car). I can’t think of another car that could take that kind of punishment without a loss of performance. A plug for the Panther plus pads- they break hard, and last long. I’m dating myself, but I remember buying pads for my Chevy that cost $12, so the ridiculous $200+ was a little shocking. Maybe they use materials not found on earth… anyway they seem to be superior to other brands, according to post’s on prime.

Back