• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found a Gold wedding band in the NSX

While cleaning the drivers seat carpet, I found a gold wedding band. It has the nov 1986 engraved inside. I don't think the past owner from whome I purchased the car is active on the forums anymore. The car has had owners In Maryland, Virginia, Lousiana and Tennessee. I would like to return it to its owner if possible.

It's probably there for a reason.

While cleaning the drivers seat carpet, I found a gold wedding band. It has the nov 1986 engraved inside. I don't think the past owner from whome I purchased the car is active on the forums anymore. The car has had owners In Maryland, Virginia, Lousiana and Tennessee. I would like to return it to its owner if possible.

Was it a man's wedding band?

Do you know the cities in those states where the owners lived? If so, I may be able to help you.

I lost one.....gold.... But may 87 wedding date.

It's not mine. I threw my wedding ring out the window of my car on I-95 after my divorce hearing. :)

It is mens wedding band. Looking through the old records and previous carfax search, here are places the car has been registered. I purchased the car in 2006 from the owner ine Tennessee.

Purchased 5/1995 in Chesterfield, VA
Registration issued on 8/1998 in Saint Leonard, MD
New registration issued 4/2002 Buford, GA
New Owner 4/2003 in Monroe, LA
New Owner 9/2005 Fairview, TN

It is mens wedding band. Looking through the old records and previous carfax search, here are places the car has been registered. I purchased the car in 2006 from the owner ine Tennessee.

Purchased 5/1995 in Chesterfield, VA
Registration issued on 8/1998 in Saint Leonard, MD
New registration issued 4/2002 Buford, GA
New Owner 4/2003 in Monroe, LA
New Owner 9/2005 Fairview, TN

PM me the vin and I will try to get some names.

would be much more intriguing if the finger was also with it.....:eek:

I'd do a ultraviolet wanding of the interior. You know, check for stains on the seat that might indicate the need for... uhm ... deep cleaning to remove any bodily fluids that have accumulated in the leather.

maybe the prior owner was a pirate

maybe the prior owner was a jeweler

maybe the female prior owner was a professional divorcee'

(for peiserg) maybe the prior owner entertained "clients"

maybe some poor fella that details cars got into deep shit with his wife when he lost his ring in this car

maybe the golden glow of happiness from driving an NSX materializes beneath the driver's seat in the form of a ring :biggrin:

I've found a bunch of loose change (to my annoyance) in my NSXs so far, but no jewelry. As RedWings mentioned, the ring could also have been from a detailer or NSX tech. Good luck finding the owner, Vivek! Very nice of you to try. :)

Whatever you do, don't try it on....

smeagol.jpg

Well, the previous owner called back after my missed call and said he did not loose his wedding ring. He did appreciate me calling him. I do have other owners names looking through previous records but i think i will stop looking for the owner. Like some one said, it could have been a tech who could have worked on the car over the years.

Back