Found some Zanardi parts, good deal or not?

I am able to locate the some zanardi parts and wonder if these are bargain or not....

- struts/springs full suspension setup - $400 (approximately 7K miles use)
- Brake (rotors, calipers and mounting brackets) for all 4 corners - $725 (approximately 7K miles use)

Are these prices decent? Is the Zanardi brake stronger than regular 97+ brakes? I am planning to offer the seller $1,000 for both of these, is that okay? Please advise.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Cool...

hmmm... The price for the Zanardi suspension (shocks, struts) seems reasonable. To my knowledge, they are tuned to the older Type_S specs. The newer Type_S suspension is revised. I am in the process of trying to get the revised Type_S setup.

The Zanardi brakes are same as the 97+ NSX brakes, to my knowledge. A larger rotor & bigger caliper are the basic differences from the older brakes. Maybe the rotor is lighter in weight? The price asked is again reasonable, not great though... as I've seen 97+ NSX brakes go from $400-650.

:cool:

Re: Cool...

Thanks for the input. Even if I am getting the 97+ brake, I will be replacing the rotor with some slotted ones. I think I will offer the seller $800 for the suspension and brake without the rotors and see if he will take that.

Thanks again.

I agree. The suspension price is actually a good bargain. The brakes so/so. Slap Dali's two piece floating racing rotors for 97+ and you would be set :wink:

Another question, which option would I get more for my money (I prob will track my car maybe once a year, at max)?

1. Stick with my 95 caliper, get some decent slot rotors and pads and be done with it.

2. Get the 97+ caliper, slotted rotors and pads.

The main difference will be the caliper upgrade, is that improvement worth the extra $300-400??? Anyone care to comment?

Well, once you narrow it to your priorities the answers become simpler.

Definitely the most value is to stick with your pre 97 calipers and get slotted two piece floating rotors (such as StopTech) with good pads (Carbotech Bobcats).

However, this will limit you should you get the bug once you strat tracking your car. The OEM 97+ rotors and calipers do have an advantage over the pre 97 and would be a good and desirable upgrade if you get them at a bargaing price. Just see the number of posts for people looking for the 97+ brackets to upgrade their brakes.

The Dali 97+ rotors are racing grade rotors. They come in two models. the floating and the one piece. Both have more stopping torque than the OEM. The two piece is lighter and the rears have more mass than the OEM. And they look good also as the front/rear rotors match. If you plan to track only once a year, you probably don't need the two piece floating, get the one piece which is a great buy.

bling said:
Another question, which option would I get more for my money (I prob will track my car maybe once a year, at max)?

1. Stick with my 95 caliper, get some decent slot rotors and pads and be done with it.

2. Get the 97+ caliper, slotted rotors and pads.

The main difference will be the caliper upgrade, is that improvement worth the extra $300-400??? Anyone care to comment?
My recommendation would be to stick with your current stock calipers. Are you having problems with your brakes on the track, that you expect the larger calipers/rotors to solve? It sounds like the answer is no. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Same answer regarding the rotors. Are you having problems with them? Slotted rotors really aren't going to make a whole lot of difference. Two-piece rotors will - they won't reduce your stopping distances, but they will be more resistant to heat effects (e.g. cracking) - but if your stock rotors are working fine, there's no need to worry about getting anything else. The biggest improvement you can make to your brakes is making sure you bed them properly whenever you change rotors or the type of pads you're using. See the Stoptech website for details.

As for brake pads, assuming you're not using a separate set of pads for the track, I STRONGLY recommend the GT Sport brake pads from Cobalt Friction. They stop the car nicely, with a nice bite, they stand up to racetrack use, and yet they almost never squeal - they're the best of both worlds, an excellent pad for the street as well as the track. You can get them direct from Cobalt. Incidentally, Cobalt sells most of the other major brands of brake pads, and is knowledgeable about the brands they don't sell, too. Their service and advice is outstanding. Andie, the owner of Cobalt, owns an NSX, too, so they are very familiar with the car and its needs. It's a great place to do business with.

(If you DO decide to use separate pads for the track, Cobalt's Spec VR pads are excellent, but their noise level and heat requirements make them unsuitable for street use.)

A couple more points here. One is that it's often helpful to take an incremental approach. See how it goes, and if you encounter a problem, take the next step up to deal with it. This will avoid spending money that really isn't necessary. Unless, of course, you're doing it for the bling bling, or for the bench racing circuit (i.e. bragging rights). :D

The other is, the nice thing about rotors and pads is that if you do a lot of track events, eventually they will need replacement. Each time you replace rotors or pads, it's an opportunity to try something different (if you don't like what you have) or to get the same thing again (if you do). So whatever you've decided on, doesn't mean that you're going to be "stuck" using it forever.

The seller just sent me pictures of 2 of the 4 struts/springs. I would like to have a second set of eyes to see if they are in decent condition.

I asked him to send me pictures on the other 2 and should be getting them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

9987DSC04383.JPG

9987DSC04382.JPG

Nice motor sitting there..... Would like one of those. :wink:

Back