• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Four Wheel Alignment

I've always wondered when reading posts about the handling prowess of others' NSXs if my 91 was just tired of the corners. After an upgrade to second generation wheels and new BF Goodrich tires my NSX pulled slightly to the left. Months of dealing with it ended today in a four-wheel alignment at my local Honda dealer. After assisting the tech with regard to the front wheel compliance pivot cam (yes they let me help) she drives like Arton intended. Wow, what a difference. Every wheel was out of chamber, toe and caster (fronts).

I had my 91 aligned back when I first got it because there was a slight drift/pull tendency to the right. I did however have them do the specs to match a 1994 to preserve tire wear a bit. The toe and camber on the 94 was less aggressive than the 91. Reduces the scrubbing effect (and presumably some handling characteristics but I was will to sacrifice that for better tire wear).

I have my local BMW guys here in tampa called Cars & Concepts do my lowered NSX's alignment the tech puts the car in what is called
" Autocross Mode "

now all lowered NSX's that come to my shop I have them get this setting, I can take corners at 100 and not even raise my heartbeat.

glad you got it resolved.

go drive the beast

The Honda tech disregarded the copy of alignment specs I copied from the Service Manual. The alignment computer grouped 1991-2000 NSXs together. I assumed the rear wheel toe was updated from the original 6 mm toe in to 4mm toe in in the computer model.

Back