• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

free carfax report

Well, I don't see that "not authorized part but ANY VIN you enter into carfax will produce a "report". Problem is thought that the report only tells you there are "records" on the Carfax report. It doesn't tell you what they are. For THAT you have to pay. (That's how they "get ya")

Normally those "records" are such things like a titling occurring or a registration, or an inspection (those ARE "records" after all. :biggrin: )

Carfax must have pulled the plug on this freebie. I was able to run a report this morning for free.

Daniel

they only let you run one from that URL i gave until you clear your cache and cookies (or use a different browser or computer). i got one for my car and my wifes car (using IE and firefox) so it was clearly working fine earlier.

Looks like they're redirecting the link to the Carfax home page now. Guess I just wasn't quick enough. :tongue:

Back