• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front-end bodywork.

Yesterday was not good. I tagged a huge concrete curb that was sticking out next to an exit for a gas station. It was not marked and deceptive but the bottom line is I should have been more careful.

Damage - tore the lower lip spoiler off a little bit and crunched the lower front valence piece enough that is doesn't line up with the body and fender. Scuffed it up too.

Does anyone have a general idea of the cost of the front valence and what is involved removing it? I haven't wanted to look at it (bummed) but I am going to put it in the air this weekend.

I'm going to turn lemons into lemonade and take care of some other things I haven't got around to while I am at it. I will go ahead and install my WW front spoiler, NSX-R hood, Zanardi side vents, side skirts, NSX-R spoiler, bilstien shocks, 2002 rear valence and paint the brake calipers.

Realistically with the paint work and limited time, I will be down for 4-5 weeks but in the end I will have the car finally completed from an appearance standpoint.:biggrin:

Thanks for any help/insight on the front end, I've got to get that off because I can't stand to even look at it (even though the damage is not that big.)

KSNSX said:
Yesterday was not good. I tagged a huge concrete curb that was sticking out next to an exit for a gas station. It was not marked and deceptive but the bottom line is I should have been more careful.

Damage - tore the lower lip spoiler off a little bit and crunched the lower front valence piece enough that is doesn't line up with the body and fender. Scuffed it up too.
Ouch. :( Sorry to hear about the mishap. One thing to also check for when hitting that lower spoiler on a curb is damage to the side fenders. Check for some slight crinkling or bending along the wheel fender edge. (Ask me how I know. :rolleyes: )

KSNSX said:
I'm going to turn lemons into lemonade and take care of some other things I haven't got around to while I am at it. I will go ahead and install my WW front spoiler, NSX-R hood, Zanardi side vents, side skirts, NSX-R spoiler, bilstien shocks, 2002 rear valence and paint the brake calipers.
That's a good attitude to have. Your car should look even cooler when you're done. :)

-Randy

Back