• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Mesh Grill

I did this project a week ago, bought a metal black diamond mesh on ebay and decided to cover the front opening with it, I also did the AC opening on each side. It was fairly easy to cut and install. I used a carboard as a template and then cut the metal to form. hope you like it. before and after pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 296
on my previous NSX, I had purchased a radiator stone shield and a AC shield from Dali racing, but I didn't see it anymore on their site and plus I don't know if they are still in business. I got the mesh from ebay but I know you can buy it from other sites, I don't know if I should of went with larger diamond spacing but I pretty happy with it otherwise.

If you look on the AC condenser space there are 2 screws on each side, when I cut the mesh I left 2 tabs on it and screw them on, you can see a close up of the picture and see that the mesh is attached to the screw.
on the middle grill opening it was alittle trickier. the middle plastic cross bar has a screw in the middle and the sides, I utilized those screw to secure the mesh. The middle of the mesh I cut a tab and bent it so I can attach it to the screw, hope that makes sense.

I need to do the same. Especially now after installing new radiator. Can you post the link you used to buy it off of eBay? Thanks.

Last edited:
The fact that the mesh matches across openings looks very out of date and not keeping up with the Gen-2's randomized mismatched mesh stylings. :)

Nice job.

Back