• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Parking Lights Revisited

Yes its plug and play and worth it. Add your name if you are going to commit.

I have no monetary interest in this I am just promoting an awesome product that we got lucky with from jon.

i guess my help is not necessary anymore:cool:

And Serge too! :biggrin: Thanks for helping people out as well.....I wasn't trying to forget you.....:tongue:

thanks, considering that i make nothing at all on these parts and did pull some favors to keep the price low, a bit of recognition is nice.
in all honesty, jon will have to review the costs to determine if he will honor the last price.

edit:
here is a link to a pic showing the brightness of the lights in full sunlight.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1295332#post1295332

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you guys buying I would advise that everyone give extra for the labor that Serge has to do for your lights. Thats what I did with Jon when he did mines.

thanks for the idea but ultimately i think thats something i will have to work out with Jon as i basically am a 'supplier' and he sets the final price. last batch i designed and manufactured for exact cost (including materials, design and prototyping) as i too was eager to get it done- i know Jon's side of the deal is more tedious with soldering, epoxing and assembly so any very modest 'profit' there was it went to him for the labor. maybe this time i will charge 5 bucks more apiece for my legwork- that way i'll buy some beer and everyone still gets the parts very cheap. once the list fills up i will talk to jon about details and see if there are any modifications he'd like me to make to make his assembly easier.

Serge,

I think its only fair that you and Jon charge whatever makes sense for the both of you. I think everyone understands and will appreciate it. Guys after you receive and install the lights, I would like everyone to post pics and give a review on the product. I gurantee you won't be dissappointed.

Regards,
E

Speaking for myself, I have no problem whatsoever giving $ for labor for these lights if the quality is as good as being posted. I am not a fan of doing things twice. Do it right the first time with good quality parts is what I always say:biggrin:

I'm in if the price is somewhat similar to the last batch.

1. doraemon
2. fenixrising
3. Nick675
4. snake11eyes
5. Goa360
6. artero
7. carl ramsey
8. DRZZZ
9. greenberet

i guess we are all assuming that fastrax, the end seller, is still on board. Jon, are you reading?

Here you go I took a couple quick pics and Hapa88 has also gotten a chance to see it in the daytime and I think he was impressed.
I'll have him chime in.

Heres the turn signal

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely bright, at least twice as bright as my Wedge 6-LED bulbs. I'm going to add this to my list of things to get. :smile:

1. doraemon
2. fenixrising
3. Nick675
4. snake11eyes
5. Goa360
6. artero
7. carl ramsey
8. DRZZZ
9. greenberet
10. Aluminiumdream

So we doing this? Please let me know next steps.

I will have to get with Swerve on making the heatsinks. There will have to be some changes to the original design, as I dont have the time to remachine them and make extra parts for it to work.

If you are just looking for a parking light that matches the color of the HID headlights better and not concerned about brightness, then the 194 led replacements will work fine for you from superbrightleds, and places like that.

hi jon,
you can just get it done for you where you live as you mentioned. would be easier for me anyway, i really don't care.

I have been talking to STMPO, and they are interested in offering the product for sale. If this is the case, I will be giving them all the plans and they will be building the lights. If they do it, it will be of a decent quantity, probably enough to do over 50 NSXs, and other cars that use the same build base.

This is to keep the price reasonable and hopefully just under 100.00.

But, if STMPO doesnt want it, or the product wont be available for for year, then I will get with Swerve and make a batch to satisfy the names on the list. It may be 130-135 a set though, so Swerve can get something out of it as well.

we are slowly moving forward. if there are more people interested, go ahead ad yourself to the list now before we make the batch.

I have been talking to STMPO, and they are interested in offering the product for sale. If this is the case, I will be giving them all the plans and they will be building the lights. If they do it, it will be of a decent quantity, probably enough to do over 50 NSXs, and other cars that use the same build base.

This is to keep the price reasonable and hopefully just under 100.00.

But, if STMPO doesnt want it, or the product wont be available for for year, then I will get with Swerve and make a batch to satisfy the names on the list. It may be 130-135 a set though, so Swerve can get something out of it as well.

Every little helps I guess....Please let the people on list at least when we plan to move forward. I don't want to miss it this time.

as you have heard STMPO was supplied with the plans to construct the lights.
now, giving full credit to Jon for coming up with the original idea and wiring it up (and understanding the fact that he has other stuff going on), i am a bit troubled by the fact that it all now became a 'property' of a vendor that will make it a 'for-profit' production- no big deal, just a part of 'sensitivity' training of sorts.
in any event, i am no longer a part of this endevour and am not responsible for the outcome.

due to traumatic death of my relationship with stmpo, they have NO PERMISSION to use my heatsink / retainer design in any light project they take on.
unfortunately low demand does not allow us to lower the costs (this is not a matter of profit as there was none) so i think this project is dead.

Back