• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frustrated Buyer and Seller. (need advice)

GPW_NSX

Whats up guys,

I have been on this board for little over a year now and have tried to contribute to the best of my ability.

Recently I just sold a set of Stock NSX wheels to whom I think is a Prime member.

Anyhow, I had mentioned to the this NSX owner that my car was in the bodyshop and that I should receive it back the following week and from there I will have his rims shipped.

He sent me payment via Paypal on 2/13/06.

The bodyshop fell short on there word, and I didnt end up getting my car back til this last monday. So in the meantime I went out and found a local ad in the recycler to purchase some loner wheels from a previous nsx member for 300 dollars .
At this time, I thought from here..this would be downhill. I emailed the buyer on the 21st of Feb. and stated that I had the rims in my possesion and that they would be shipped as I scheduled a pick up with DHL.
I know I shouldnt have posted the wheels up for sale til they were in my garage and ready for shipment or sale. However, Im trying to compensate on my half as much as possible.

However, I didnt receive a return email with his shipping info and it had been over a week. I had the rims waiting in the garage to be shipped.

I finally got the frustrated email and then followed by conversating with this gentleman for about 25-30 min. and we came to an agreement.

I understood the buyers frustration and per our conversation I agreed to ship the wheels 2 Day air via DHL on March 9th (Following Thursday). I also offered a full refund if he wanted. However, he declined and said that he just wants to receive the wheels..Which is COMPLETELY understandable.

I myself would be a bit frustrated as well. I totally put myself in his shoes.

Anyhow, Now he is calling and threatining me with slander of my name and making a complaint through paypal.

I didnt understand at this point, what his problem was..as we had made arrangements over the phone.

I just received an email and he thinks that on wed. we had spoke that the wheels would be shipped out on Thursday. When I clearly stated the wheels will be shipped on the Following Thursday (March 9th.)

I dont know what to do at this point, and I just needed to vent to you guys.

Any help or advice would be gladly appreciated.

well that sucks, but you were honest and I have been in your shoes, bodyshop promised me my car back in a week and a half no problem....five weeks later I get my car. Anyway I don't think there is too much you can do, document all your e-mails etc showing where you offered to give money back. Its not like you took off with his money and dropped off the planet. Once you figured out the issue, he could of taken his money and gone looking else where for the wheels, while frustrating there was nothing you could do about it.

Guess this is much help but I do feel bad for you. :frown:

send him back a check for the amount he sent you and tell him to get lost. You did what you could and thats that. You stayed in contact, and were honest....some people are just impossible to please.:wink:

clr1024 said:
well that sucks, but you were honest and I have been in your shoes, bodyshop promised me my car back in a week and a half no problem....five weeks later I get my car. Anyway I don't think there is too much you can do, document all your e-mails etc showing where you offered to give money back. Its not like you took off with his money and dropped off the planet. Once you figured out the issue, he could of taken his money and gone looking else where for the wheels, while frustrating there was nothing you could do about it.

Guess this is much help but I do feel bad for you. :frown:

Thanks for your post CLR,

I do understand this buyers frustration, but this is completely out of my hands. I am trying to make the best of it and get him the wheels asap.

I have been very responsive to his emails and have been soaked the threats, mutiple calls, and slandering he has shot towards me.

At this point, I can honestly say..this is probably one of the worst sales I have dealt with . :frown:

You take the good with the bad, you know you weren't trying to screw him. Offer his money back if he still wants the rims tell him to stop complaining that you are trying to work with him as best you can...I guess the other option is to do what kid said.

Some people just are real PITA's.

Let us know how it turns out.

A few calrifications might help undestand this issue better perhaps.

You received PayPal payment but there was no shipping address? If so, did you note this upon receiving the PayPal or waited until the wheels became available?

If you had loaner wheels, why couldn't you ship the wheels to the purchaser - I am assuming the shop's location is not inconvenient to make the swap with your loaner. And if so, why till next Thursday and not sooner? Are you waiting for the car to be delivered/picked/shipped to you before you could do the swap?

At any rate, I believe you have tried to be responsive. And while there is ALWAYS two sides to a story, sometimes you have to agree that you can't please everyone. It might be better to give him a refund that have the hassle. HTH.

Send Him a cashers check for the amount + 3% for his trouble and pay pal fee.....Also remember in the future not to sell anything you don't have ready to sell...also never rely on a body shop time est...NEVER!

There are body shop employees and owners on this board and If their shops have good on time records that is great ,,..however every body shop I have every worked with (and that has been many)....have had a poor record of getting stuff done "on time".

zahntech said:
Send Him a cashers check for the amount + 3% for his trouble and pay pal fee.....Also remember in the future not to sell anything you don't have ready to sell...also never rely on a body shop time est...NEVER!

There are body shop employees and owners on this board and If their shops have good on time records that is great ,,..however every body shop I have every worked with (and that has been many)....have had a poor record of getting stuff done "on time".

The buyer doesn't pay a fee for using paypal, the seller does - why would he give the buyer money the buyer didn't spend?

There are ways this transaction could have been expedited, and you should not have sold the wheels if they were not in a position to be shipped, but you have one of two options now - refund the guy's cash, or ship the wheels asap and provide him with a tracking number. Once you provide paypal with a tracking number they will not find in his favor if he does file a dispute, so if you get them shipped you are set. If he files a dispute in the meantime you can add this tracking info when you send them this Thursday, and paypal will find in your favor.

Basically if you're tired of the transaction refund his cash (through paypal, so no fees will be paid), or if you want to complete it ship the wheels at your soonest opportunity and add the tracking info to paypal.

Hrant said:

You received PayPal payment but there was no shipping address? If so, did you note this upon receiving the PayPal or waited until the wheels became available?

If you had loaner wheels, why couldn't you ship the wheels to the purchaser - I am assuming the shop's location is not inconvenient to make the swap with your loaner. And if so, why till next Thursday and not sooner? Are you waiting for the car to be delivered/picked/shipped to you before you could do the swap?

At any rate, I believe you have tried to be responsive. And while there is ALWAYS two sides to a story, sometimes you have to agree that you can't please everyone. It might be better to give him a refund that have the hassle. HTH.

See this is the situation,

After not receiving my car back from the bodyshop and hearing the good ol "it'll be done next week" line. I searched for some loners and found some locally on the Recycler.com. So I forked out 300 dollars to get wheels I had no need for ( I planned on waiting for my 05 wheels which are being fixed).

I emailed this gentlemen on the 21st of Feb, and told him ..I had the wheels READY to ship. I heard nothing back, then I re-emailed him on the 28th asking for his exact shipping address. I wanted to make sure the paypal address was correct and precise. Cause we were dealing with an expensive item here. I thought nothing of it.

Now when I offered him to refund his paypal money on Wed. He declined and said he wants the wheels still. So I went out and purchased a set of tires for my 2005 NSX wheels and used the money that was provided of the sale of my wheels that were sold to him.

Now he is emailing me asking for his refund in which I dont have, however I told him that the wheels are going to be shipped as promised in our conversation and on the same date March 9th.

TRUST me guys, I have learned a WHOLE lot from this deal and will NEVER sell anything without having it in my hands.

I have sold many things on here and elsewhere and have never had this type of problem.

I guess there is a first for everything :frown:

1hot92 said:
The buyer doesn't pay a fee for using paypal, the seller does - why would he give the buyer money the buyer didn't spend?

If i sent money to somebody and didnt receive what I paid for I would expect compensaiton for my money being in someone elses bank acct for all this time.

Call me picky I guess.

zahntech said:
If i sent money to somebody and didnt receive what I paid for I would expect compensaiton for my money being in someone elses bank acct for all this time.

Call me picky I guess.

Of course, I take full responsibilty for my actions as a seller and to protect my reputation.

However, I guess Im a little different then other people. I look on the better side of things. I have been very responsive with this guy, and are compensating him the best to my ability.

I mean, I know this is irrelevant but with seeing alot members being scammed completely out of there money ..do I get any brownie points or reasoning? :frown:

It's unfortunate that you are both in this position. And it doesn't even have to do with the wheels or the money; the issue is only about WHEN they are delivered, which shouldn't really be that big a deal (just takes a bit of patience on the buyer's part).

1hot92 said:
Basically if you're tired of the transaction refund his cash (through paypal, so no fees will be paid), or if you want to complete it ship the wheels at your soonest opportunity and add the tracking info to paypal.
What 1hot92 mentions, and others may not understand, is that Paypal offers the ability to refund a payment for up to 60 days after the payment is made; if you use this option, the Paypal transaction fees are deducted, so the seller is not out the transaction fees.

I'm not suggesting a refund as the best resolution for this matter; I'm only pointing out that if you decide to refund, doing so through Paypal is preferable to sending a check or any other method that still results in having to pay the Paypal transaction fee.

I recently bought some wheels from another member here when he still had them on his car. I bought them knowing that he had to receive his new wheels and get them switch and then he would send them to me. I was understanding the situation he was in and if it had taken a bit longer (so long at there was open communication) I would have been fine with it, b/c things do go always as planned. If it was going to take longer and he wouldn't communicate that to me then I would have an issue b/c I would have felt my money was going to disappear.

Hrant said:

I agree with Hrant. I am not buying your shipping date of 3/9 as the promised date but rather 3/2/2006 yesterday. If the guy paid for the wheels on 2/13/06 and on 3/1/2006 you even told him that the wheels are "ready" to be shipped and agreed on a 2 day express service, it does not make any sense that he would have agreed on a shipping date of 3/9/2006 as you claimed. If you have been the one that is stalling, logics tell me that you would not have offered to shipped the wheels 8 more days later and, as you claimed, was even AGREED by this buyer who has already been waiting and waiting. Now the dispute is if the agreed date was 3/09/6 instead of the apparently more reasonable date of 3/02/2006. There are always two sides of the story but the evidences you yourself presented just don't add up. Also, Paypal will only protect the buyer if he files a case within 30 days of the transaction in event that he never receives the wheels and if the wheels are not as presented. You did present your wheels as completely flawless with like new tires, right?
I think the buyer have been more than reasonable with you.
Adversity does not build character, it reveals character.
Steve

The Kid said:
send him back a check for the amount he sent you and tell him to get lost. You did what you could and thats that. You stayed in contact, and were honest....some people are just impossible to please.:wink:
There is a huge difference between what one could do and what one agreed to. I think the buyer can be easily and reasonably pleased if he gets his wheels in a reasonable time frame. The buyer has a schedule to meet too.
Steve

GPW_NSX said:

After not receiving my car back from the bodyshop and hearing the good ol "it'll be done next week" line. I searched for some loners and found some locally on the Recycler.com. So I forked out 300 dollars to get wheels I had no need for ( I planned on waiting for my 05 wheels which are being fixed).

I emailed this gentlemen on the 21st of Feb, and told him ..I had the wheels READY to ship. I heard nothing back, then I re-emailed him on the 28th asking for his exact shipping address. I wanted to make sure the paypal address was correct and precise. Cause we were dealing with an expensive item here. I thought nothing of it.

Now when I offered him to refund his paypal money on Wed. He declined and said he wants the wheels still. So I went out and purchased a set of tires for my 2005 NSX wheels and used the money that was provided of the sale of my wheels that were sold to him.

Now he is emailing me asking for his refund in which I dont have, however I told him that the wheels are going to be shipped as promised in our conversation and on the same date March 9th.

TRUST me guys, I have learned a WHOLE lot from this deal and will NEVER sell anything without having it in my hands.

I have sold many things on here and elsewhere and have never had this type of problem.

I guess there is a first for everything :frown:

It's really none of our business, but personally if I paid for an item on the 13th of Feb and you told me not only didn't you ship my product, you already spent MY MONEY on something for yourself and you still couldn't provide a tracking number and wouldn't ship until the 9th of March, I'd be really PI**ed off!

You should refund his money completely. And in my opinion, you get NO bonus points for being an Up-front seller. You can call and talk all you want, but fact is you sold an item you didn't have and spent the money already! That's absurd. I'm with the buyer. No offense, but you asked our opinions.

B

GPW_NSX said:

:frown:

I dont think it is right for you to buy the new tires for yourself so soon with the buyer's money. You have not completed the transaction. It is way too premature.
He should get his money back.
I also agree with some of the other reposnes that the shipping date is way too late. You should get the wheels to him ASAP.

fannsx said:
I dont think it is right for you to buy the new tires for yourself so soon with the buyer's money. You have not completed the transaction. It is way too premature.
He should get his money back.
I also agree with some of the other reposnes that the shipping date is way too late. You should get the wheels to him ASAP.

Sorry, but I guess you guys are right. And as mentioned above, this is a LESSON learned.

I was selling the wheels to buy tires..

I'm sure you can still make it right. Do the right thing, and best of luck to you!

Brian

zahntech said:

Call me picky I guess.

Interest on a few hundred dollars for 1 month's time? What kind of compensation would you be after? twenty cents?

I am the buyer of Andy Freeman's [GPW_NSX] wheels. I paid for these wheels via PayPal February 13. I sent my shipping address as part of the paypal receipt. I also sent an email immediately with my shipping address. I was promised numerous times that the wheels would be shipped.

Here are exerps from Andy's emails...

On Feb 13, 2006, at 8:05 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Well, i get my NSX back this Saturday. I will take them off the car and ship them out Monday morning. Where are you located? Also. Please give me the exact shipping info.
Thanks
This email being sent on Feb 13 means he would ship Monday Feb 20th. This did not happen

On Feb 21, 2006, at 2:05 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Just want to let you know, I got all the rims all packaged up and ready to go. DHL will be doin there pickup, tomorrow 3:30 pm and a ETA of 3 day air. Thanks again, I hope you enjoy them
Feb 21 he says they are packed and will be shipped Feb 22 3-day air. This did not happen.

On Feb 28, 2006, at 2:19 PM, [email protected] wrote:
I emailed you a week ago stating that the wheels will be shipped via DHL and to get a return shipping address. and havent got a return email. The wheel are in my garage and packaged up and ready to be shipped. I need your shipping address as it wasn't given to me in any of the email I received from you.

Please send it to me asap, so I can get the wheels out asap. I will ask DHL for 2 day air and if its reasonable Ill send them the fastest way.
Thanks in advance
Feb 28th he says he emailed me for my address which I had given him previously with the PayPal receipt and a seperate email. I again, for the 3rd time sent him my shipping addressl. He says the wheels are in his garage and ready to ship but again, he does not ship.

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Jeff,
I tried calling but voicemail mess. came on. Anyhow, I will compesate for the time and ship them at 2 day air. I didn't have the emailed saved below, as I have AOL and deleted emails last a week or so ..before being permanently. Of course, that was my bad on my end and I will pay for it. Again, I am VERY sorry, the bodyshop that had my car..promised a certain date for my car to be done and has yet to get me my car back on time..or the wheels would have been shipped on time. I can assure you of this.

Anyhow, Once the wheels are shipped I will provide you with a verifyable tracking number.
On Feb 28, I give him my shipping address for the 4th time and he leads me to believe that he will ship them 2 day air. Again, this does not happen.

On Mar 3, 2006, at 11:10 AM, [email protected] wrote:
I just got a call from my partner that you called him questioning the wheels. Per our conversation, the wheels will be shipped out Thursday via 2 day air. I dont understand why you calling mutiple times again.

The rims will be shipped and confirmed with exactly what we discussed.

Once they're out and on there way. I will provide you with the verifyable tracking number.

Thanks again
Now on March 3rd, he says he will be shipping them out on March 9th, 2 day air. This does not happen.

On Mar 3, 2006, at 11:26 AM, [email protected] wrote:
Ok, Do what you feel you need to do Jeff. Per our conversation, I "clearly" stated that via DHL would pick up the rims for shipment the "following". So what don't you "understand" about that? I'm at work right now and cannot conversate about non-work related items.

I told you previously in our conversation, if you would like for me to refund your money as it was a complete mixup of getting my car out of the bodyshop. I know this is not your problem, but I compensated the situation by paying for 2 day air. That is pickup date is scheduled for March 9th the following Thursday and should arrive at your house in 2 day business working days.
If Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] was to ship the wheels Mar 9th 2 day air, why would I not get them until Mar 15th? Because he didn't ship them 2 day air... he shipped them 5 day ground!

I finally received the wheels on March 15th, see the "Flawless" wheels I received in the next post. I am asking for a FULL REFUND.

Jeffrey Gacek
[email protected]

Last edited:
Here is Andy Freemans [GPW_NSX] Ad for the Wheels. (See the pictures in the post below and tell me if you think they are "Flawless".

Flawless 16/17 Inch Stock Nsx Wheels & Brand New Tires
Whats up guys, I have a set of FLAWLESS MINT Solaris Silver W/ Center caps 16/17 Inch stock NSX Wheels.

There is not a single scratch, chip or any flaw to them at all.

I just put on BRAND NEW Yokohama AVS Sport (225/45/16 Fr. 255/40/17 Rr.) Tires less then a 100 miles ago.

I really miss my old 17/18 combo, so now I want to get rid of them

PRICE: LOOKING FOR MAINLY 17/18 OR 18/19 INCH COMBO for trade or PRICE$ $1600.00

***PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE***
Here is what the wheels look like, I will get more detailed pics of them later..
Last edited by GPW_NSX : 01-26-2006 at 20:45.

Last edited:
1hot92 said:
Interest on a few hundred dollars for 1 month's time? What kind of compensation would you be after? twenty cents?

When the company I work for makes an agreement with an Individual and they do not complete the transaction at the agreed time..they incur a 25$ per day fee.

Back