• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX headers

Hey guys I have some high quality tig welded NSX headers for sale. I have them for all year makes. Price is $625 91-94 and $865 95-04 both prices are shipped.:smile: Pics will be added shortly

2v8raf7.jpg

2qbg9zc.jpg

Headers come will all gaskets and extended o2 sensor bungs( not pictured)

Last edited:
Re: Headers

There has been talk of these in a prior thread. I think there will be several people intrested in how well these fit and what additional HP they produce.

Please post back your thoughts once you have them installed.

Hal_396 said:
There has been talk of these in a prior thread. I think there will be several people intrested in how well these fit and what additional HP they produce.

Please post back your thoughts once you have them installed.
Fitment is guaranteed. $100 will be offered to the 1st one to post up a dynosheet :)

MR2liter said:
no one wants these?:eek:

while the price is great, its a known fact that the DC headers with the flex pipe were prone to cracking. Since these are clones of the DC headers many might assume that these will have the same issue. Even with a 3 year warranty...it does not sound appealing to have to remove headers if they are cracked, labor intensive to install and also to remove.

These are not DC headers. Even if they are clones they are not made of the same metal and you can not say they these headers will crack like the DC units.

MR2liter said:
These are not DC headers. Even if they are clones they are not made of the same metal and you can not say they these headers will crack like the DC units.

I realize that, however it has been established that these are direct clones of the DC Headers. The DC headers failed for one of two or both reasons.

1) Poor design
2) Poor quality metal

Since DC has been making headers for years and for many cars, I doubt it was the metal they were using as many people have had DC headers on their cars for years without issue. I would be more inclined to think the fault is with the flex joint design and the NSX. Hence the reason no other aftermarket header developer, SOS, Cantrell, Taitec etc use the flex joint rather the ball and socket design...do you think thats coincidence. I don't.

I am not saying they are not a good deal, they are. Question is how much is it to fix them if they break, is it worth the headache to save $300 to $400. Let me put it this way, if they had the ball and socket design like the other headers I would buy them.

I offer a 1 year warrenty on these headers.

The 95 headers have different design. I will go take pictures now.

MR2liter said:
I offer a 1 year warrenty on these headers.

Thats not much consulation considering it takes 4+ labor hours to install or remove. So it might cost more then its worth. Not to say its a bad header sys, its just not worth the potential headache in my humble opinion. Maybe if you offered a 3 year warrenty like the ebay seller selling the same header, you might get more interest?

Would you explain to me how its a bad header system please!?

MR2liter said:
Would you explain to me how its a bad header system please!?

That accordion flex joint on the 91-94 tend to crack after time and removing and replacing the headers is a ~$500 job because it's more difficult than the stock headers (stock doesn't require you drop a ton of stuff since it's two pieces). I myself and several people I know have had the exact same failure.

For 95+ it's a good deal if you aren't in a smog test area.:wink: For 91-94 guys they are better off buying the 95+ headers and ordering some Comptech adapter pipes. The only way I'd use those 91-94 headers is if I were to send them off to titaniumdave for modification before installation. He has a good thread on prime showing how he repaired his headers.

I hope you didn't get stuck with too many of those 91-94 headers.

Otto

Does anyone own one of these, ordered from this vendor, or know anything about it in general?

Here's what I found out so far from MR2liter:

"Is the item new? YES
Where was it manufactured? Tiawan
Is there a warranty?Yes 1 year from date of purchase
What kind of stainless steel is it? SS 304
Any modifications needed to the car? the more the better
Are all neccessary parts included? ofcourse
How many do you have for sale?alot
How do you accept payment? paypal
No dyno graphs but fitment is good and customers are happy."

Looks like the ones from ebay. $600 isn't bad.

Tai

Let me know guys
:biggrin:

Last edited:
I think zero-cool had bought some headers similar to these on ebay im not too sure if it is the 91-94 version with the flex pipe but he's the only guy ive seen post that purchased "ebay/replica headers" for $600. But i dont know if he had them installed yet nor had a run on a dyno.

I am offering $100 rebate to the 1st person to buy my headers and post up dyno chart of the before and after.

Back