• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX headers

Mine only came with one o2 extension cable as well... I guess I should be looking to get a 2nd eh? Along with new OEM gaskets.

I post some new pics on 91-94 and 95 - 01 Top Speed headers.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103046

91-94 came with two extension cable
DSC05652.jpg

DSC05662.jpg

95-01 came with one extension cable
DSC05672.jpg

DSC05666.jpg

I post some new pics on 91-94 and 95 - 01 Top Speed headers.

DSC05672.jpg

What is this triangular object in this pic? I cant figure out what to do with it?

Take a look at my post 100 on this thread.
This is what Rex did with mine on my 91.
Simply put, just cable stand offs.
Not sure if that is where it goes but this is where he used it.
Trev

I finally got my headers installed this spring by Jim at Option Import in Calgary. I don't know of any issues with the installation. I love how they sound with the GruppeM V2 exhaust. I'll do some dyno runs here in the not too distant future. So far I would have to say I am really happy with the purchase.

I got mine installed and the front bank headers rub against the oil pan... and it rattles every time i take off from 1st gear... not sure what i can do about this?

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Below is my dyno sheet with the following mods:

- Top Speed Headers
- Prospeed HFC
- Prospeed custom tune
- ARK DT-X exhaust

261 WHP
203 ftlbs

LongNSXPwrDec08.jpg

sorry to bump this back but who would you contact for warranty purpose when the seller disappear? or no longer work at topspeed?

i'm in a situation where i'm the 2nd owner of these headers, regardless how the seller sell me the "no crack what-so-ever", there is a major crack. Since the seller had offer or had confirmation of 3yrs warranty on all of topspeed headers, who do i need to talk to? i've contacted topspeed themself and they wouldn't do anything or could find the previous owner record of purchase.

tough situation..the previous owner had offer to "work" with me on the warranty issue but, so far i'm not getting anything out of that individual..no update, i just wonder if he's yanking my chain.

sorry for the rant there..but, you get the idea.

Picture:
crack2.jpg

muffler shop wont even touch it.

Last edited:
Your not ranting, your just discussing and looking for answers.
I've dealed with these people from the get go and have had good results.
Here is a link to staff.
http://www.topspeedauto.com/Templates/staff.htm
Start at the top, not the bottom.
Try: Aaron Teng
Project/Sales Executive

Also I have talked to Mark and Brandon.
Last I heard they where only now offering a 1 year warranty, but
if a 3 year was issued to the original owner, then thats what HE should
have regardless.

Its too bad their employees started things, then left without people knowing what was going on....I always tried to keep Topspeed in the loop cause they treated me so good from the beginning and I could reason with someone there.
Trev

Trev,
thanks for replying. As far as talking to Aaron, we did exchange some email. the outcome was like what i posted. He said, he couldn't find record of previous owner purchase, even though i gave him the seller's full name and city and state. Aaron said, without the receipt and me being 2nd owner, they couldn't do anything about the warranty.

i guess now i'm at the point where i should be looking for someone who can repair it, instead of trying to get warranty out of it. Don't you think?

Yah, too bad the original owner doesn't have the info you need.
If it was me, I would actually make the calls for you and try to fix things.
Without any info or even knowing if he did buy direct from Pro-Speed or any of the other guys that where buying and selling the product, you are out of luck.
Sorry to hear!
Do you have the holes that are somewhere inside the collector where the 3 pipes join. It seems like there was a small missed weld in each side of the first batch....kind of hit and miss.
Trev

yeah, i have the hole where the 3pipes meet together at the collector..unwelded area..guess i'll just have to suck it up and temporary patch it. I use this stuff call Thermal muffler repair stuff, we'll see how long it'll hold..i don't have a torch light to heat it up but i would think with the engine on and driving, that would be plenty of heat to cure it. don't u?

to get it welded up by a quality shop shouldn't take very long and shouldn't cost very much money. there is no reason they wouldn't want to touch it unless they are unqualified or they don't have a talented enough welder (the person). i would first do this than use the thermal goop as that is very temporary and is a pain to clean off when the time comes to fix it for real.

i would offer to weld it up once i get my welder up and running, but you're kind of not local at all...

Last edited:
^^the muffler shop i took it too said their welding tip, TIG is too big to get into that space. they afraid of melting the header top, that's why they turn it down. let me know when u get ur welding stuff up and running. i could ship it to ya and pay ya for it.

I'm coming up on 30,000 miles over 2-1/2 years and all is well. I just put on a Taitec GT102 Inconel, so I was up close and personal with the flex joints. I saw no issues whatsoever.

The half shaft boots are also in tip-top condition.

Mark

I'm coming up on 30,000 miles over 2-1/2 years and all is well. I just put on a Taitec GT102 Inconel, so I was up close and personal with the flex joints. I saw no issues whatsoever.

The half shaft boots are also in tip-top condition.

Mark

I bought my set off Ebay and 10K miles later, no issues.

I always leak test these headers and re-weld them if necessary, I have sold many sets and some of them do need touch-ups (my welds look nicer than the original ones...)

I always leak test these headers and re-weld them if necessary, I have sold many sets and some of them do need touch-ups (my welds look nicer than the original ones...)

Correction - Your welds are some of the best I have ever seen.

Thanks for the info

One thing to note about these headers is if you live in a state that has strict smog laws, these headers will cause your car to fail smog. This is because the o2 sensor on the front bank header is only monitoring one cylinder rather than all 3, so the ECU thinks the car is running lean so it adds more fuel... the result is failed smog and you end up burning more gas. I tried this with OEM cats / Random Tech cats & Prospeed cats... nothing made a difference until I replaced the headers.

After dealing with this issue myself and banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what the issue was, I bought CT headers and saw the o2 sensor was at the collector not on one of the runners, the car passed smog with flying colors.... going the cheap way out will usually bite you in the ass in the end.

One thing to note about these headers is if you live in a state that has strict smog laws, these headers will cause your car to fail smog. This is because the o2 sensor on the front bank header is only monitoring one cylinder rather than all 3, so the ECU thinks the car is running lean so it adds more fuel... the result is failed smog and you end up burning more gas. I tried this with OEM cats / Random Tech cats & Prospeed cats... nothing made a difference until I replaced the headers.

After dealing with this issue myself and banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what the issue was, I bought CT headers and saw the o2 sensor was at the collector not on one of the runners, the car passed smog with flying colors.... going the cheap way out will usually bite you in the ass in the end.

hmm... i wonder if you're thinking about OBD vs. OBDII. I have these headers and the flex joints have not cracked and I recently passed smog with flying colors. I've got a 91.

hmm... i wonder if you're thinking about OBD vs. OBDII. I have these headers and the flex joints have not cracked and I recently passed smog with flying colors. I've got a 91.

Yes its OBDII...

Back