• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: Soundstream Rubicon 555 amp. 5 channels of old school goodness!!!

Ok, so here's the deal. I revamped my car audio system earlier last year, and went to a three-way active setup. I wanted to put in a killer amp of the days gone by, and was able to pick this one up from someone on the board here. After some minor tweaks, it was up and running my whole system, which include separates in the front doors and a pair of 12" Eclipse subs in the back. It sounds amazing, and this is easily the best amp I have ever owned in my 15+ years of car audio. However, priorities have changed for me. I find myself listening to audiobooks almost all of the time now (gotta kill the drive to and from work somehow), so this wonderful amp's potential is being wasted. Also, I'm trying to get a photography biz up and running, and could use some coin for upgraded equipment, so I find myself trying to find a good home for my big blue baby.

So, enough of the blah blah blah. Here's what you need to know/see about this amp.

Soundstream Rubicon 555
5 Channel Amplifier
4 x 40W @ 4 ohms (12.5V)
4 x 80W @ 2 ohms (14.4V)
2 x 160W @ 4 ohms bridged (14.4V)
Subwoofer channel:
1 x 150W @ 4 ohms (12.5V)
1 x 250W @ 2 ohms (14.4V)
Fuse: 2 x 30A

These pics were shot today, showing the amp attached to the back of my sub box, up and running.

769456569_6mR7v-L.jpg

769456536_c5GSV-L.jpg

769456521_7srtV-L.jpg

769456511_uDyky-L.jpg

Mechanically this amp is great, and I guarantee it will not be DOA.

Cosmetically, it has a couple dings on some of the fins in the upper right corner, but nothing bad. Call it a 8/10 I guess. It's held up better over the past 10 years than I have, that's for damn sure. Probably because it can't drink. Anyway...

I'm asking $320 shipped and with paypal payment submitted as a "gift".

I'm not on Prime as much as I once was, but I'll keep an eye on this. Faster way to reach me is by email at [email protected].

Please, someone give this beast a new, good home. It's being wasted with me, and I need the coin.

LETS MAKE A DEAL!

Back