• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Pump Recall 18-19

Very interesting. As a consultant I have taught Ford's Global 8 Discipline Problem Solving to a lot of organizations outside of the automotive industry. This type of problem solving has a heavy emphasis on early defect identification, followed by root cause and isolation from the customer (Acura). So it sounds like a process change was the culprit in an otherwise acceptable product. No doubt this part is still used in our Cars but the change in processing was limited and the supplier was able to identify all the parts shipped to Acura or another system integrator. While the general public complains about quality in the automotive industry, my experience has been they do an excellent job in comparison to other industries especially when cost is considered. In Aerospace, everyone checks the product so many times that it is rare that a defect gets through the system. The cost of checking however jacks up the overall cost significantly.

Attachments

• 8D.pdf
    194.8 KB · Views: 46
Just received a recall notice from Acura for my 2019 model. Notice says the repair will take 9.5 hours - holy cow!

Just received a recall notice from Acura for my 2019 model. Notice says the repair will take 9.5 hours - holy cow!

Just make sure your car isn't the first one to have it done at your dealership.

While some may suggest otherwise, thus far when ever Acura has worked on my car they have been so extra careful to cover everything and go slowly. The techs communicate with the Acura/Honda people whenever there is a question or need for further effort. When I had my OEM springs put back on the car and the Eibach removed. The dealership worked with the factory people to insure they did everything correctly. Everything was torqued appropriately. All new bolts were used even though generally speaking you can reuse as long as they are not damaged. So all connection points for the struts had new hardware. They took their time and were very careful to insure no extraneous damage occurred. So for what it is worth. I know DocL had many bad things happen to him. He was our Pioneer. His misfortunes have probably saved the community from further bad shit. I applaud his efforts to help straighten out and improve the dealership experience.

Back