• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fun Car Alarm Situation

Alright, here is one for the record books.

Yesterday I was reinstalling my door panels and I unknowingly shut the door with the locks engaged. I was able to get back in by activating the interior door lock switch a la a pry bar and long rod. When I did this, I set my alarm off and it has been continously going off since.

I would unlock the exterior door lock, but my widebody kit prevents this. What options do I have to deactivate my alarm and drive my car?

you can get into the car and put your key in the ign and turn it a few times with the door shut. it may reset the alarm.

if that doesnt work get in the car and lock the doors from the inside.
the alarm will go off pull the lock tab up and down a few times the alarm will think the key is doing it and may disarm.

if that doesn work try the same thing on the passengerside, get inside the car the alarm is going off close door and pull the lock tab up and down a few times,

try those and pray LOL

@Mike - No, I can't. The door panel was installed onto the factory door and covered the exterior lock.

@Phoen$x - Veilside kit and the installer did not move the key switch to the exterior door panel. I did disconnect battery so I could disconnect the horns and troubleshoot :)

I'll try all of those Shawn :) Will update soon.

@Mike - No, I can't. The door panel was installed onto the factory door and covered the exterior lock...

I don't think that was a smart idea of the installer. What if your battery dies and you are out somewhere?

This is information that shouldn't be posted on a open forum but i would be happy to help you by PM.

Mike

Last edited:
well 99% of us have LoJack and top of the line alarms

but you are def right.

PM is the best for info.

another member PM'ed me for pics of a LOJACK unit I found buried in my 2002 parts car.

Hey Mike, please shoot me over a PM. I would like to get it back out in a couple of days :)

Thanks everyone for your prompt responses.

if you haven't removed any fuses on the driver's side kick-panel, you should be able to insert the key in the car, and the alarm should stop and the immobilizer should restore the fnc. There is one fuse that if removed, makes this task impossible.

@Nikey - I haven't pulled any fuses. It continued to sound after the ignition switch had been turned.

I'm going to work through a couple of Shawns options and hope that PM from Mike comes through. I plan on tackling this tomorrow evening.

If you guys are worried about the info being posted on a public forum, its available in Shawn's thread which is 3 down from this one. Tells which wire is disarm LOL.

Just knowing where the keyless connects doesn't help much. There is no information on how to get out of a alarm situation. The system is smarter then you think :wink:.

Mike

Back