• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD's record-braking In-car footage from SLB 2010 -Buttonwillow

Check out FXMD's in-car footage from the record-breaking 1:41.949 lap breaking HKS' long standing record of 1:43.5, the only rear-wheel drive car to do so. Enjoy:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8ACPjGfGZo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8ACPjGfGZo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Billy and congrats on the new record! Buttonwillow is a fun track in that configuration. Surface look a bit beat up though since the last time I was on it(which was when it first opened and the surface was still green).

Congrats and thanks for posting this. Cool stuff!

Having never spent time on a track those seemingly extreme steering inputs looks scary, on the edge stuff. Did you guys also reduce the steering ratio ?

Congrats and thanks for posting this. Cool stuff!

Having never spent time on a track those seemingly extreme steering inputs looks scary, on the edge stuff. Did you guys also reduce the steering ratio ?
Yea they are a bit excessive. If you look at the FXMD in-car footage over the past 2 years you'll see it go from all over the place and hectic to much more calm and stable, to hectic again.

It got hectic again this year because while the guys did a great job at gaining front downforce (Which is hard to do) they weren't able to finish the rear components to balance the car out, thus the car was aero-loose in corners over 60mph. The car was quite loose/oversteery and was the limit of the car. Once we settle that out, let alone work on the setup, I'm sure we'll see a sub 1:40 laptime.

The steering system is bone stock (except for polyurethane steering rack bushings), stock steering ratio. That's what you get with a ton of front downforce and a 275 width front slick (335 rear).

Billy

Although I'm a fan of oversteer I gotta say,"Billy....YOU THE MAN!" I was on the edge of my seat the whole run, excellent driving!

weird.....................

watched the whole video and STMPO isnt a sponsor?

Billy you looked quite buisy during that drive.....i'm sure your glad you dont have to do many laps like that the way it was handleing. Nice job Billy. what a handfull!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments:) STMPO is still a sponsor just at a different tier, their stickers are still on the car. What is amazing is Billy was able to drive the car in that condition to a record with the great aero imbalance we had. Once we balance out the aero and reset the car it will run a time that will shock the world. Thanks for your support!

No dude... you dropped STMPO as a sponser.

Take the name off completely please. To say we are at a different tier is insulting. The amount of time and monies spent in your favor do not justify your actions. Especialy missing Austrailia and not racing the car this year. I bring that up before the biggest race of the year and you delete me.

You once said you were a politician. They are well know for thier lies and changing the subject.

No pun intended here... But dont piss down someone back and tell them it is raining.

In the end... It's my fault for not demanding that written contract back.

STMPO was never dropped as a sponsor just taken down a tier due to the "issues" we encountered. I will be sure to take off the logos asap!

I dont think you really want to air all of the issues that led to this... Lets just part ways. You took losses and we took losses as well in this relationship in both time and money. The headaches were long and many during this whole process and its a shame it is going down this path...

I look forward to seeing you and your K20 NSX on the track next year!

No dude... you dropped STMPO as a sponser.

Take the name off completely please. To say we are at a different tier is insulting. The amount of time and monies spent in your favor do not justify your actions. Especialy missing Austrailia and not racing the car this year. I bring that up before the biggest race of the year and you delete me.

You once said you were a politician. They are well know for thier lies and changing the subject.

No pun intended here... But dont piss down someone back and tell them it is raining.

In the end... It's my fault for not demanding that written contract back.

STMPO was never dropped as a sponsor just taken down a tier due to the "issues" we encountered. I will be sure to take off the logos asap!

I dont think you really want to air all of the issues that led to this... Lets just part ways. You took losses and we took losses as well in this relationship in both time and money. The headaches were long and many during this whole process and its a shame it is going down this path...

I look forward to seeing you and your K20 NSX on the track next year!

UGH.... Going over issues would be nice over the phone instead of a public forum. Impossible when you dont return the call though.

Take the stickers off sooner than asap dude... I have nothing to prove to anyone....

It will be hard to see you at track when we go... you rarly attend events.

Regards

Sometimes email is the best way to approach these issues as it gives you time to think instead of knee jerk reactions. As mentioned I will give you a ring tonight.

This year was tough on us as we had to fix many of the things that were done to the car that we never asked for and of course we added a considerable amount of aero as well. Once you start racing you will realize these things. In the end the results speak for themselves:)

Bench racers are always the best racers in their own mind, perhaps we should pick a track to run against each other, put up some cash and donate it to charity?

UGH.... Going over issues would be nice over the phone instead of a public forum. Impossible when you dont return the call though.

Take the stickers off sooner than asap dude... I have nothing to prove to anyone....

It will be hard to see you at track when we go... you rarly attend events.

Regards

Sometimes email is the best way to approach these issues as it gives you time to think instead of knee jerk reactions. As mentioned I will give you a ring tonight.

This year was tough on us as we had to fix many of the things that were done to the car that we never asked for and of course we added a considerable amount of aero as well. Once you start racing you will realize these things. In the end the results speak for themselves:)

Bench racers are always the best racers in their own mind, perhaps we should pick a track to run against each other, put up some cash and donate it to charity?

lol... no offence.. but if I choose to spend my money on my car instead of helping a team in need... you wouldnt be calling me a bench racer.

I'm not going to insult you dude.. But an honorable man would call a sponsor before he did what you did...

To take the politicians view...A smart buisness man would have the contract in hand before delivery of a car. Like I said before.. my mistake. My work speaks for itself and i'm not trippin.

There's no reason to set up an event man... Losing FXMD as a sponsor is no "Count of Monte Cristo" to me... Plus, were going to the same time attacks.

And right now.... Sierra Sierra is the team to beat.

Congrats to everyone involved, i almost thought i had fast-forward on!

What car managed to beat you overall as it must be insane?!!

No you chose to spend your money on your car instead of paying back debts owed...

You are right I should have called you about it before the decision was made, I was just upset about the lack of honor shown by you in regards to debts owed and the timeline you promised those debts would be paid back.

Not sure what work you are referring to, but I will be happy to provide the community with pics of the work that was done to the car in your care. If that is a benchmark of quality you have some serious issues.

SSE is the team to beat! They are a great team with Forumula Atlantic championship pedigree. We are hard at work developing the car further for the next meeting!

Perhaps if you would like to continue this discussion of airing dirty laundry in a public forum you should start a thread about it instead of detracting from the thread topic and our success at SLB.

lol... no offence.. but if I choose to spend my money on my car instead of helping a team in need... you wouldnt be calling me a bench racer.

I'm not going to insult you dude.. But an honorable man would call a sponsor before he did what you did...

To take the politicians view...A smart buisness man would have the contract in hand before delivery of a car. Like I said before.. my mistake. My work speaks for itself and i'm not trippin.

There's no reason to set up an event man... Losing FXMD as a sponsor is no "Count of Monte Cristo" to me... Plus, were going to the same time attacks.

And right now.... Sierra Sierra is the team to beat.

Congrats to everyone involved, i almost thought i had fast-forward on!

What car managed to beat you overall as it must be insane?!!

We are still scratching the surface of the potential in the car. Sierra Sierra Enterprises in their EVO ended up winning the event. Both of us smashed the old HKS record. They are an incredible well financed team that are going to be very tough to beat.

Thanks for getting this thread back on track!

You guys are inspiring...what you guys do, and how well you do it is no easy task, ask me how I know :)

Incredable work.....to all you guys.

>>>success at SLB

Back