• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

G.Y. F1 GS-D3 backordered forever!! what to do..

Need some advice,

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's I need to replace the rears with 275-35-18 won't be available for a few months at least... I currently have GS-D3's on the front.
I wanted 275's on the rear, but I have a feeling if I"m going to keep those on (good tread still) I'm gonna have to settle for 265's in back..?? :frown: I'm worried that 265 will look to small I believe the width of my rear rim is 10...

What would be a second choice for a new complete set of tires from a manufacture that carries the rears in the size I want 275-35-18 ??
I've read some other recommendations.. Pilot Sports, Pole Positions.. etc. But which would you go to?

Also unrelated question.. what technique/method do you guys use to take off your Volk center caps?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Last week I bought from Discount Tire here in Dallas the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 275x40xZR18, made in USA!

My wheels are iForged Seneca's 18x10, offset of +43 and I do not rub anywhere

This is my second set of these exact same tires and they are great for my daily driver and do not leave a big gap between the tire and the wheel well

Note, my suspension is stock!

Good luck

275/40-18 is TOO BIG!!! (And if you want to reduce the "fender gap", the proper way to do it is by lowering the suspension, not by using tires that are too big for the car.)

Get the 265/35-18. They will fit fine. Perfect for an 18x10 rim!

:biggrin: Thanks guys.. I went ahead and picked up 265's yesterday and after the LE's are powdercoated I''ll have them mounted.

I ran into the same problem this week too. I have the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, which I love by the way. Had one blow out, only to hear that there were none left anywhere in the country in that size, 255/35 18, and that they probably wouldn't be available for months. Not happy, considering how much money I spent for those tires. However Discount Tire found 265/35/18 in the same tire, but that still means I have to replace the other rear tire to match, which is better than all four I guess. But I have run into supply issues before with the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 too, I guess they can't keep up with demand? or ?

...Had one blow out...I guess they can't keep up with demand? or ?

If they keep blowing out, then supply will continue to be an issue as people keep replacing them. This isn't the first I've heard of the GS-D3 blowing out. I was looking at getting these for my NSX, but might wait to see if we hear about about more blow outs.

I ran into the same problem this week too. I have the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, which I love by the way. Had one blow out, only to hear that there were none left anywhere in the country in that size, 255/35 18, and that they probably wouldn't be available for months. Not happy, considering how much money I spent for those tires. However Discount Tire found 265/35/18 in the same tire, but that still means I have to replace the other rear tire to match, which is better than all four I guess. But I have run into supply issues before with the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 too, I guess they can't keep up with demand? or ?

Well , my supplier says they have some 255/35/18s in stock, if you like I can try ordering and see what happens

I'm in need of a new set of GSD3 rears.

Who's offering the best price on 265x35x18?

America's Tire Co. or Discount Tire... They were around 270**. I bought mine from a local tire shop though for 320 each out the door. Its good to get in with local shops for future purchases, they already knew me by name the 2nd time I came in.

You can get Khumos...

You can get Khumos...
Kumho really doesn't make a tire to compete with the Goodyear F1 GS-D3. Their Ecsta SPT is a step down in performance (also in price - it offers excellent "bang for the buck" for your family sedan or sport compact) and their Ecsta MX doesn't last as long or perform anywhere near as well in rain.

There are tires that are similar to and compete with the F1 GS-D3, notably the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position. The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 competes but isn't available in most NSX-friendly sizes.

As noted above, the F1 GS-D3 is in stock in the most common sizes used on the NSX.

There are tires that are similar to and compete with the F1 GS-D3, notably the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position. The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 competes but isn't available in most NSX-friendly sizes.
From my experience, the PS2 is a far better tire than the RE050A in terms of dry grip, and handling characteristics. But I still need to legitimately test those GS-D3s :smile:

There are tires that are similar to and compete with the F1 GS-D3, notably the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position.

Except that tread life sucks, it screams like a little girl after 2000 miles of treadwear, and it sticks on dry pavement only about the same as the F1 GS-D3 and much worse in the wet. And it costs more.

I chose to drive my 2005 home from NYC to FL just to burn off the crappy Bridgestone rubber the car had been sitting on at the dealership.

You can also get Invos in that size. I know three people who have them (on different makes/models) and they love them. Quiet, smooth, and good performance in wet and dry.

From my experience, the PS2 is a far better tire than the RE050A in terms of dry grip, and handling characteristics. But I still need to legitimately test those GS-D3s :smile:
The Pilot Sport PS2 isn't available in any of the best matching sizes for the NSX front.

Except that tread life sucks, it screams like a little girl after 2000 miles of treadwear, and it sticks on dry pavement only about the same as the F1 GS-D3 and much worse in the wet. And it costs more.
In most respects, they're good tires (and I disagree with much of what you say about them). But I'll tell you what - you're flaming me for mentioning the RE050A, and stuntman keeps flaming me for recommending the F1 GS-D3. Maybe you two should flame each other; I don't need to get in the middle.

In most respects, they're good tires (and I disagree with much of what you say about them). But I'll tell you what - you're flaming me for mentioning the RE050A, and stuntman keeps flaming me for recommending the F1 GS-D3. Maybe you two should flame each other; I don't need to get in the middle.

Nah, not flaming... this is just one of the very few things NSX related to which I actually have any justified opinions! :tongue: Put simply, I have been, in every single possible warmer weather way, thrilled with the F1 GS-D3s. Unless the Re050s have some herculean grip in the cold, then they are inferior in every way to the Goodyears. I'd still like to check out the Falkens one of these days though...

Except for the higher price and the fact that they make your car's acceleration slower. :tongue:

LOL, I know right!

I'm even complaining about the slower times in another thread. But Damn, they sure look good.

Back