• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting a REALLY bad itch for Porsche GT3, may be trading in my 02..

Getting a REALLY bad itch for Porsche, may be trading in my 02..

So, Ive owned my 2002 now for just a little under 2.5 years. I love the car, but Im getting the itch for something new.

Ive test driven a 2002 911 Turbo, but am in negotiations now on a 2004 Porsche GT3.

I know, I know, its a shame Ill be leaving the Nsx world if this happens.

I considered buying a comptech blower to save my itch for more power, but by the time I do that, it will make the car harder to sell, AND I could get more power with this gt3 that im looking at with less of a hit dollar wise. (Getting a fabulous price on the GT3)

Its amazing how some dealerships will lowball you with stupid offers for your Nsx. One dealership actually told me they would give me 36k for my 2002. I said, you know my car is a 2002, right.. Not a 1992.. Heh. Bastards. I knew this would happen, just didnt expect them to try to lowball this badly. Most other dealerships are quoting 42-45, which is lower than what I was hoping for, but I understand. Im slowly but surely getting a better trade in value thats much closer to what I was expecting by working with them.. If it doesnt work out, I may just try to sell my car outright myself , and then buy the GT3 outright.. We'll see..

Has anyone else had this itch ? Share your stories.

Last edited:
I have been shopping for a GT3 as well. The prices are beginning to drop with the 997 GT3's hitting the market. I agree, the GT3 is a better deal than the turbo. I think you will take less of a hit down the road with the GT3.

Have you been on track with one? They are amazing. I won't compare it to the NSX as some feel it is inappropriate on this list. If you like you can PM me.

I won't compare it to the NSX as some feel it is inappropriate on this list. If you like you can PM me.

While some will consider comparing an NSX against Porsche's on NSXPRIME almost like heresy :biggrin:(Allan C-Saw responses to your other posts) I would say if you've driven one, like it and have the means, then scratch that itch. :smile:

you crazy????...............................J/k:biggrin: Get what ever makes you happy.....Might as well just hold out for a GT2 or CGT though:tongue:

what ever you do, DO NOT TRADE IN AN NSX...If you must get rid of it, sell it..

Have you driven one? Its not very comfortable to drive on the streets(especially in Houston). However, it would make for a great track toy. Personally I feel that the 997 GT3RS = 996 GT3 while the 997 GT3 is like a 911 with a better engine. Test drive one before you buy it.

If you are going to sell your car for 42k... I will give you 42k for your car today.

:tongue:

I thought I already established that I wasnt happy with stealerships offers of 42-45k.

Im talking with a Nsxprime member now whos expressed a lot of interest in buying. Ill find out what the last dealership offer is today, and then Ill make a decision to sell it outright, or trade it. Hopefully Ill be able to sell it outright to a Nsxprime member.

Have you driven one? Its not very comfortable to drive on the streets(especially in Houston). However, it would make for a great track toy. Personally I feel that the 997 GT3RS = 996 GT3 while the 997 GT3 is like a 911 with a better engine. Test drive one before you buy it.

I dont mind a firm ride, all of my cars Ive ever owned have been lowered, and had higher rate springs.

The stealership is refusing to allow any test drives until a price has been agreed upon, which is a pain, but I dont mind doing. I doubt it will be too firm for me, and even if it was harsh, its only a weekend car in the first place.

Thank you all for your input, I really do appreciate it !

1) sell the car outright before giving it away at the dealer
2) don't sell the car (contradiction to #1)......you're driving a classic...an icon!

I'd much rather be seen in the NSX on the weekend than a GT3. Grass is always greener.

see cory i told you even tho the gt3 is a nice car, the nsx is just much nicer , The only thing i can think of is if you really want the gt3 dont trade in the nsx. I say sell it to a prime member or even ebay .50k+:biggrin: Other then that i wouldnt sell the nsx. Test drive it !!:wink:

I dont mind a firm ride, all of my cars Ive ever owned have been lowered, and had higher rate springs.

The stealership is refusing to allow any test drives until a price has been agreed upon, which is a pain, but I dont mind doing. I doubt it will be too firm for me, and even if it was harsh, its only a weekend car in the first place.

Thank you all for your input, I really do appreciate it !
Depending on mileage and condition, stock 02 should retail between 52ish and 60, so if the stealership offers you anything close to 50k, I'd be amazed. Yes, they're going to charge you full boat on your purchase, so they should give you some leeway on one side of the trade, but don't count on it.

I personally think 996 porsches are ugly. If you want a porsche get a 993 Turbo. THE REAL PORSCHE!:wink:

Otherwise keep the NSX!

I have been shopping for a GT3 as well. The prices are beginning to drop with the 997 GT3's hitting the market. I agree, the GT3 is a better deal than the turbo. I think you will take less of a hit down the road with the GT3.

Have you been on track with one? They are amazing. I won't compare it to the NSX as some feel it is inappropriate on this list. If you like you can PM me.

I'd go with a Z06, since it will both spank, and walk away from, a 996. The new camaro probably will too. But don't take my advice - take Alan Cs - since he'll get you into a car just as "prices are beginning to drop" which sounds like genuine financial wisdom. :rolleyes:

I'd go with a Z06, since it will both spank, and walk away from, a 996. The new camaro probably will too. But don't take my advice - take Alan Cs - since he'll get you into a car just as "prices are beginning to drop" which sounds like genuine financial wisdom. :rolleyes:

I WOULD NEVER DO THIS. It may have a crap load of power, but the interior is cheap, cheap, cheap plastic crap. That, and the seats are horrible. Even though it may be fun to drive, just like the rest of the cars mentioned in this thread, I wouldn't buy that as a weekend car - ever.

GT3 - sounds better suited for the track - word of mouth and mags.
NSX - Don't seem them often, and is great as either daily or weekend car
Corvette - As caranddriver wrote in the March 07 issue, 'Gold chain rep.'...and
an interior to match.

I actually looked at a really nice Black GT3 over the weekend. I love that car. I have a visdeo (Best Motoring) and it compared this car to the 430 Ferrari , Lamborghni , NSX R and the MBZ CL 55. It performed great. Now I am in the same predicatment, as you.

I like the look and feel of the GT3. Their asking $ 90,xxx for a 2004.

As the saying goes.... you can't rid an itch until it is scratched.

But yea, sell to an Prime member.

Buying a GT3, selling my 02 Nsx.

Update:

Test drove the 2004 GT3.
It felt very solid, had great performance, great engine/exhaust tone. Car handled very well and was very responsive.

I was test driving it in moderate to heavy traffic and the clutch pedal was much more firm than the Nsx's!!

When test driving it, because of the firm suspension, slight bumpsteer was present in the front end, making me less sure of the cars grip on the road. The Nsx feels much better planted to the pavement at highway speeds.

The Nsx also has a much firmer shift feel.

Overall, the Nsx has a more dated interior, but, I feel that the quality of both are very similar.

I left a deposit on the car, and am getting a prepurchase inspection and then finalizing the deal with the car.

Overall, Im very excited to think about owning a GT3, but am having feelings of regret for my Nsx. Ive always loved the Nsx, but, just dont have the same giddy, excitement for the Nsx as before.

I know, that posting about selling an nsx for another car, in a Nsx forum may seem snobbish but dont get me wrong guys, I still love the Nsx dearly!

Back