• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting ready to buy AZENIS RT-615

I am going to buy another set of Falken Azenis RT-615 for my NSX.

I was wondering what size should I get in the rear. 265 or 275? I have 215 in the front.

On the Falken web site the 265 is heavier than the 275, it also shows the 265/35/18 are Reinforced. To the tires experts what does that means?

http://www.falkentire.com/rt615_sizes.html

Thanks,

Chris

I am going to buy another set of Falken Azenis RT-615 for my NSX.

I was wondering what size should I get in the rear. 265 or 275? I have 215 in the front.

On the Falken web site the 265 is heavier than the 275, it also shows the 265/35/18 are Reinforced. To the tires experts what does that means?

http://www.falkentire.com/rt615_sizes.html

Thanks,

Chris

I asked this question before. Do a search for a thread that is called "Best bang for your buck tire". Scroll down and you will see a query regarding the Falken 615s.

I believe the 265 are heavier because they are reinforced. As I recall, a reinforced tire means the wall can support greater load. Does this mean the wall is stiffer and less prone to flexing? I'm not entirely sure. I DO know that NSXtasy or (Ken Sax) recommended the 265s because it would be closer to stock aspect ratio. But this is going of memory myself. I went to Vulcantire.com and purchased a rear set of Falken 615s at 265/35/18. I got a flat on my right-rear tire while the NSX was sitting in the garage. Realized this and put some air in. Drove to local tire shop to patch tire for the meantime. Then I noticed a bubble on the inner wall. Could having a reinforced tire have prevented this? Probably not, I don't know. I've already tried the 275s, so I'm gonna see what the 265s are like. I doubt there will be much difference. Besides, the weight difference is a 10th of a pound right? Seems negligible.

Chris I was in the same situation with the GS-D3's. I had 275's on the rear on a 10" rim. I was worried that 265's would look a bit streched. Well since there is no way to get the GS-D3's in 275 I was forced to go with the 65's. They do look and feel just fine!
Hope that gives you some reassurance.
Chad

As others have noted, I would stick with the 265/35-18.

Where is NSXTASY when I need some tire advice?:biggrin:
If you had sent me a PM or e-mail, I would have seen it earlier today. (I generally only log on to NSXprime once a day, but I get e-mails and e-mail notifications of PM's all day long.)

If you had sent me a PM or e-mail, I would have seen it earlier today. (I generally only log on to NSXprime once a day, but I get e-mails and e-mail notifications of PM's all day long.)

Thanks, I will PM you on my next set of tires, I could not find Bridgestone RE-01R in the sizes I wanted.

Thanks, I will PM you on my next set of tires, I could not find Bridgestone RE-01R in the sizes I wanted.
I'll be happy to help out.

This segment of the tire market is expanding rapidly. The new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 is as good as the RE-01R (IOW even better than the Azenis) and is priced similar to the Azenis, i.e. lower than the RE-01R. Toyo's new R1R is out, and Kumho is about to release their Ecsta XS. More choices is always a good thing!

I been itching to replace my GS-D3[R] RT-615[F] combo; but now I intend to wait for the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 "STAR SPEC" to come out. It is a compound-only change, with "more initial grip, but same peak grip", whatever that means.
z1_size_newlogo.jpg

z1_fpdl.jpg

edit: I can't wait any longer! I'm going to pull the trigger now, and then hope the Bridgestone RE-11 will be out by late summer.
20071219_01.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered the Direzza Z1's from Tirerack in 215/40/17 & 265/35/18. The START SPEC version is not available from Tirerack right now and I probably couldn't tell the difference anyways :redface:. Price on Z1's was great + $50 rebate if you buy 4 Z1's. Also 265's were cheaper than the 255's.

Placed my order, but they advised that I wait until mid-April for the Star Spec...so I will

how much of a difference performance wise is a 265 from a 275?

when i had a 265 on my 10" rear wheels, it looked pretty stretched to me...

Back