• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GG2H Rally

http://www.gg2hrally.com/2013/

July 12 to July 14

I have been dying to go on a rally, but Gumball, Bullrun etc are far too rich for my blood. However this one seems nice and short (over a weekend so those of us with jobs can participate) and also pretty affordable to enter:

Where is your write up, Would love to hear about your experiences.

I did the "Bullrun" rally last month as part of Team Wheelz Up (GT-R). I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life (minus the 5 tickets between myself and the other driver). The Fans, the Fun, the other Bullrunners, the parties, the experience I wouldnt ever be able to fully describe.

just try to avoid being pulled over at gunpoint (pistols and assault rifles) by several cops... and if you do, in the end have them autographing the cars and posing for pictures like we did :D

best time I have had....

I may be doing the Dustball rally next month (working out the details with my other co-driver) and we would be in a Lambo or Bentley for this one.

ALREADY registered for the Silver State Challenge which we are going to be doing in a C63 and staying with many friends there but you may have only heard of Matt Farrah and Rob Ferretti).

Last edited:
67916_462054013893987_752814529_n.jpg

That was a CL63 AMG that was in the GG2H and a lesson to all that parking over dried grass may result in the above.

That was a CL63 AMG that was in the GG2H and a lesson to all that parking over dried grass may result in the above.

He didn't park over dried grass... he saw the GTR go over and selflessly hopped out of his car (forgetting to pull the e-brake in a moment of adrenaline) to run down and go help them. Car rolled onto dry grass thereafter.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is your write up, Would love to hear about your experiences.

I did the "Bullrun" rally last month as part of Team Wheelz Up (GT-R). I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life (minus the 5 tickets between myself and the other driver). The Fans, the Fun, the other Bullrunners, the parties, the experience I wouldnt ever be able to fully describe.

I loved it. Had a great time and got a lot of compliments on my driving from people who I always thought were really, really fast. Got to all the checkpoints first or second.

However, I found there was a lot of "downtime" and a lot of fluff in between sprints of driving, and also not everyone was trying to be fast - some people just wanted to cruise in cool looking cars. That's fine and I will definitely do this event again, but I would also be very interested to learn of any events that are less about sponsors and parties and more about serious driving - actually timing between the checkpoints, everyone trying to get there first, etc.

Oh yeah, and thanks to preparation, mindset, a boatload of equipment and a very capable codriver (we previously logged 3500 miles going cross-country), we got no tickets. :smile:

No tickets huh? Do you recommend a valentine one radar detector or what do you use?

He didn't park over dried grass... he saw the GTR go over and selflessly hopped out of his car (forgetting to pull the e-brake in a moment of adrenaline) to run down and go help them. Car rolled onto dry grass thereafter.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved it. Had a great time and got a lot of compliments on my driving from people who I always thought were really, really fast. Got to all the checkpoints first or second.

However, I found there was a lot of "downtime" and a lot of fluff in between sprints of driving, and also not everyone was trying to be fast - some people just wanted to cruise in cool looking cars. That's fine and I will definitely do this event again, but I would also be very interested to learn of any events that are less about sponsors and parties and more about serious driving - actually timing between the checkpoints, everyone trying to get there first, etc.

Oh yeah, and thanks to preparation, mindset, a boatload of equipment and a very capable codriver (we previously logged 3500 miles going cross-country), we got no tickets. :smile:

I had no co-driver......just me and my V1. And the V1 totally saved my ass out on highway 101 when 2 CHPs came up from behind. One CHP pulled over the Porsche behind me and the other one sat right next to me for about 2 minutes...........seemed like an eternity (probably running my plates) and then pulled up along side at which time I looked over and smiled and the officer, who was a woman, she scowled and slowly drove off.

I wasn't driving as aggressively as Team Purple so that also probably saved me some tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing!

Two thoughts come to mind...

First, how did Kevin manage to drive all three of his cars? :smile:
View attachment 103357

And, second, I hope nobody was injured... :eek:
View attachment 103358

he had two other couples drive his other cars.

I heard the couple in the GT-R both had some cracked ribs (unconfirmed) but at least they survived.

Wow! When you guys described to me the GT-R going over, I didn't realize that it was that far off the road! Is that ploughed area where he landed after coming off the road?

Yes the ploughed area is where he landed after catching air off the cliff and then hit the other side and then rolled over into the ditch.

The funny thing is just before that turn there is a small structure on the right with a sign that says "Drive Carefully". :smile:

No tickets huh? Do you recommend a valentine one radar detector or what do you use?

On this run, V1, Uniden HP-1 police scanner w/ Garmin GPS 18x, and a codriver with pretty nice binoculars.

Laser Interceptor and CHP 11-99 membership coming soon :wink:

I have a small SpectrumForce VHF antenna on the engine hatch garnish at the moment but my ultimate plan is to buy a second targa top which I can put big antennas on, then pop in when it's rally time...

- - - Updated - - -

Love this one. You can see the antenna as well:

1073716_631381970208112_666008072_o.jpg

are the sponsor stickers part of the rally ie they give them to you...or do you have to purchase them?

are the sponsor stickers part of the rally ie they give them to you...or do you have to purchase them?

Stickers came from the rally, except Royal Purple who I engaged as a sponsor for my car only because I need free oil :)

Back