• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gives you chills listening to her sing

Funny that you mentioned Charlotte Church who I think is one of the most overated performers.

Well, not that I'm a fan of her, or any female pop singers for that matter, I'm just saying when I first heard her, when she was like 13, I thought she was something. In an age where every single woman sounds the same, and where the songs are same, and the backup music sounds the same, it was really nice to see a young girl doing something different - classical music!

I've always thought of singers who don't write their own music (Celine, Christina and so many more) as disposable. That's why I think that the above girl is nothing too special. There are a million of them out there and she will only stand out and make it if she learns to write good music. If not than this is the 15 minutes she gets and you will never see or hear her again. Eva Cassidy is unknown to 90% of the population because she wasn't known for her own songs.

As far as female leads in music go, I like things like Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, not that I'm a fan of her, or any female pop singers for that matter, I'm just saying when I first heard her, when she was like 13, I thought she was something. In an age where every single woman sounds the same, and where the songs are same, and the backup music sounds the same, it was really nice to see a young girl doing something different - classical music!

I've always thought of singers who don't write their own music (Celine, Christina and so many more) as disposable. That's why I think that the above girl is nothing too special. There are a million of them out there and she will only stand out and make it if she learns to write good music. If not than this is the 15 minutes she gets and you will never see or hear her again. Eva Cassidy is unknown to 90% of the population because she wasn't known for her own songs.

As far as female leads in music go, I like things like Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy. :biggrin:
You are right. We all give benefit of the doubt for young singers and accept a lot of flaws hoping that they will be better as they grow. Church is a perfect example that people did appreciate that she resembled a classical singer with that falsetto. However, years after years, her performance continues to sound the same, people started to realize that she is really just a poser. Her recent works are just T&A since she has nothing else to offer. I think it is quite tragic that perhaps with proper training early in life, she could develop a wider range of modal to equip her for variety of genres. Now she is all grown up with no talent but with a "big star" ego to fill, she has no choice but to show some flesh. She is a looker though.
Steve

Back