• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

gone but will never be forgotten...time to say g'bye

well folks i just said g'bye to what was my 12yr old dream this week. i picked up the 03 nsx brand new back in april 2003 and had for 5yrs. as of yesterday, it was turned in at the end of lease at acura columbus.

the nsx is one of a kind and has been the most enjoyable sports car i've had for the last 5yrs. it was mildly modified to improve on the handling and braking and was plentifully powered those grand touring runs and cross country drives i made over the years. my mods (will post in for sale section this weekend) included:

- tein typeRA coilovers
- dali racing street/track front and rear adjustable sway bars
- taitec gt lightweight exhaust
- jdm nsx typeR front chassis bars
- axxis ultimate brake pads
- volk racing limited edition le37t wheels and falk azenis rt615 semi track tires
- ssr wheels and bridgestone s03 pole position tires (sold a while ago)

i ran my best 1/4mile time at 12.96secs at 114mph with the ssr wheels and s03s. the handling, responsiveness, and overall character of the nsx is still light years ahead of many other cars on the road today...even for an 18yr old platform. honda did an amazing job back in 1991 and was ahead of its time. to pay homage to the maker, i drove the car to the main honda mfg'ing plant near marysville, oh, to pay homage. nearby is also the largest lamborghini dealership in the country...in the middle of nowhere so go figure. i stopped by the lambo dealer to check out some of the new cars and test drove the gallardo superleggera, and the dealer commented on how mint the nsx was.

yes, it's a mint car with only 15,293 miles on the odometer to be exact when i turned in the car to the local acura dealer yesterday and said g'bye to my old yet technologically advanced friend of the last 5yrs. it was sad to say g'bye but time for me to move on.

many thanks to the nsxprime community for tips and answers to some of my questions in years past. special thanks to mark johnson at dali racing for helping me with parts and funny emails. thanks to chris at science of speed for providing parts also. the nsx community is unique and a close knit group, so i'll always remember that.

as a tip for the members here and anyone who's interested in the car i turned in at acura columbus in ohio, the residual on the lease was $49.5k and with only 15,293 original miles. there is absolutely no door dings nor even a scratch on the car. i do my normal professional detailing job with an 8-step process once every 3 months. the leather seats still smells brand new as i cleaned and conditioned it whenever i did the detailing job. the car was always stored in the winters and never saw rain in 5yrs. even the stock wheels and tires only saw 500 miles after i picked it up new and put on the ssr wheels. i had a custom 3m clear bra done for the hood and quater panels along with 35% luminar window tint...all in perfectly mint condition. also, i left the axxis ultimate brake pads on since there was no use in removing the pads.

the car is completely back to stock, so feel free to contact the acura dealer if you're interested in buying the car. it's still there as of today since the dealer has 1st dibs on buying the car for resale from honda financing. i suggest you move quickly since there is a demand for it. the dealer indicated that they would sell the car on the used lot for about $60k. otherwise it will go through the auction channel which i'd hate to see that happen. as a reference point, i read in the recent automobile magazine that the nsx has become a collector car, and they recently auctioned a pretty good condition 1993 3.0l nsx with 25k miles or so for $47.5k.

good luck if you're intested in the car and feel free to pm me with questions about it. again, thanks everyone for helping out over the years. i'll be moving on to either the lambo or aston martin community sometime in the near future.

check back this weekend for parts that i'll post for sale after i've cleaned the mods and package them properly. i'll post pics for you.

Last edited:
Aaaaaagggghhh! Dude, what were you thinking!!!!???? You could have sold the car on here for easily $60-$63K,paid off the residual, and pocketed at least $15K. Now you lose out & dealer gouges the next guy.

Aaaaaagggghhh! Dude, what were you thinking!!!!???? You could have sold the car on here for easily $60-$63K,paid off the residual, and pocketed at least $15K. Now you lose out & dealer gouges the next guy.

i was planning on doing that, but ohio law does not allow transparent transfer of title like some other states. at end of lease you have to buy the car as the original lessee then resell the car. i'd have to pay sales on the car and so will the new buyer. unlike minnesota (where the car is actually plated), you can have a transparent transfer at end of lease...no need for the middle step of me buying it out then resell. new owner could buy it straight from dealer who just acts as processor of paperwork - only 1 party gets taxed.

plus i was way too busy to go through all the process. i know...at least this way, someone on here and jump on it quickly and do the mods himself however he likes to. i was thinking about selling the car complete with all the mods as listed for $60k flat.

I was thinking the same, even a short sell of 55k you could of paid off the residual and someone on prime would of gotten a heck of a deal. The stealership is going to mark it up and sell if for someone around 65k.

I don't know you because I'm quite new but good luck with your next car and keep posting on prime.

I was thinking the same, even a short sell of 55k you could of paid off the residual and someone on prime would of gotten a heck of a deal. The stealership is going to mark it up and sell if for someone around 65k.

I don't know you because I'm quite new but good luck with your next car and keep posting on prime.

i know...i was running out of time too and so didn't act quickly enough to put the car on here for those who are looking for an ultra mint nsx. the due date was coming up so quickly and work was keeping me away from taking care of things.

sorry guys...hope someone gets a good deal from the dealer.

ps - thanks, i'm around still and have some great parts to sell soon.

thanks guys for all the pm's for the parts that are for sale. i'm still waiting for my "for sale" thread to be "approved" by the admins and posted. all the pics are taken and available...just waiting for the thread.

hang tight!

so how many yellow NA2 NSX out there in Columbus? It seems that including mine would be 3. I thought I saw you last time, but after checking my photos, the license plate was "PBRG FAN".

There are plenty of yellow 03's on here for 52-54k. You would not have gotten 65k.

so how many yellow NA2 NSX out there in Columbus? It seems that including mine would be 3. I thought I saw you last time, but after checking my photos, the license plate was "PBRG FAN".

i've seen at least 1 other 02+ yellow in columbus area. mine was still plated from minnesota since i moved to columbus 2 years ago.

Ummmm 03, Yellow, 15K miles for 52k - 54k. HERE? WHERE?

Watch the boards, there was a 03 yellow/yellow with 21k on here for 52k for 3-4 months. I know because I seriously wanted to buy it!

volk le37t wheels + falken azenis rt615 tires:

dali racing 0.875" street/track adjustable sway bars:

oem/jdm nsx type-r chassis bars:

oem/jdm nsx type-r shift boot:

oem/jdm nsx type-r titanium shift knob:

tein type-ra coilovers:

taitec gt lightweight exhaust:

bride ergo seats:

helms manuals (essential ones for 02+ nsx: main service manual, supplement, and electrical):

Last edited:
Back