• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GOOD GOD !

I don't get why the rates are so high.
At 19 I was driving one of the nastiest, highest risk cars you can buy, a C4 Corvette Convertible. At 19, with less than 3 years of driving, and no good driver I was paying your current rate for a year.

Edo,
give esurance.com a shot. See if they do Washington. You don't even have to speak to anyone. Enter your info and it will generate a quote. It's worth a shot.

BTW- Anyone here who uses Geico, MAKE SURE you are getting the organization discount. You can join the NMFA for $15 (National Military Family Association) and get 25% off your premium immediately. No obligation... it's like a donation and they send a newsletter every now and then.

Edo: I'm in washington, as you know, and ever since I got my NSX, it would have been about 1400/6mo. It's been going down a hair, and went down to about 1150/6mo when I added my civic to my policy, with the total policy (both cars) being about 1550 6/mo.

I am 24 right now. I also have an accident on my record that sent my rates up by 25% when it happened.

I'm with USAA, which unfortunately I'm guessing you probably can't get with (unless maybe you could join the national guard and get in or something). I've seen quotes from other companies at as much as twice the cost. My deductibles I think are $500 everyhwere there's a deductible, and I've got like 100k/300k on most of the liability things, I think.

I turn 25 two weeks from today. I can't wait to see if the rates will go down.

-Mike

[This message has been edited by grippgoat (edited 19 March 2002).]

You are getting 'bent over'25 years old is a break off point for insurance.thats when they say ok the person is now 25 and more responable yada yada yada.the rate should decrease.but you must factor in location.they do heavy demographics on where collisions happen the most and jack the rates there.I dont want to make you cry but I pay 40$ a month through allstate in a high risk area for full coverage and low deductable. shop around. just my 2cents worth
good luck and best regards David

Gotta go with Dave on this one, I too am an Allstate fan...

Almost 26 now, bought the NSX when I was 18, multi-car discount, 100 dollar deductable on comp and collision (yes you read that correctly) and my rates have never exceeded $150 a month.

Im in the heart of traffic hell in Northern California, when I turned 25 my rates dropped down to around $100 or so a month.

FYI: The cost per month to change from a 500 dollar deductable to a 100 dollar deductable was 11 dollars. Investigate it with your insurance company, and find out what it takes to lower your deductable... you may be surprised at what you find out.

-B

Originally posted by BoneZ:
The cost per month to change from a 500 dollar deductable to a 100 dollar deductable was 11 dollars.

Yes, at that rate, it may or may not pay. If you have one accident every three years that requires you to pay the deductible, you're just breaking even ($132/year for a $400 difference in deductible). If you think you're likely to have accidents less often, go for the bigger deductible and save on premiums; if you think they'll happen more often, go for the smaller deductible and spend a bit more on premiums.

house, three vehicles including nsx, wife, kyds--oh yeah--theyre non insurable, anyway only few hundred a month.(like 4k a year). im with liberty mutual.(35yrs old but been same rates for 8-9years)

Back