• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good old ALLAN racing a Zo6

That car is Fast!! Ok, ok, I admited it. To hang with that, you need the best from Gerry Johnson, or FactorX. The ZO6 didn't do too well. And to race from a roll is a bad idea. The ZO6 strong point is stop and go, and not from a roll. I have done many rolling punches with two of the associates' ZO6, and found them barely edging the lighten with two mods NSX. However, take it to the 1/4 th and I am in bad shape.

Funny, when i used to post here, there were people saying a Diablo is not much quicker than a stock NSX, or that a supercharged NSX would be right with me.

That is what a relatively stock (has exhaust and air filters) Diablo can do to a z06. Both the z06 owner and i figured atleast 15 car lengths from 30 to 140, with me giving him the jump.

Now imagine what would happen if i sprayed him.

P.S. Im going to try and take my 355 to the dragstrip tonight.

I think a SC NSX would be close to an earlier diablo, but certainly your SV would destroy all but FACTOR X's FX500. Even then it might be very close.

I am happy to see the Z06 get smoked though as they typically rag on NSX owners :)

You should post more often Allan...

NetViper said:
I think a SC NSX would be close to an earlier diablo, but certainly your SV would destroy all but FACTOR X's FX500. Even then it might be very close.

Netviper, Allan, all he has to do is drive the Lambo to Vegas next Thursday, he can then see first hand.... I would love to see that one.

ALLAN said:

P.S. Im going to try and take my 355 to the dragstrip tonight.

Hey Allan, gonna take on that dude in the Mustang ? If your betting you can send some winnings over to that cat that needed a hair cut on Ferrarichat. One of the funnist flame wars I ever read!

Netviper, as the owner of a 1992 Diablo, i can tell you, there is very little difference between a good early Diablo and an SV. Ive experienced it first hand. Early cars are among the fastest Diablos. The mid year VT's are the slowest. Either way, a supercharged Nsx wouldnt have a shot.

As for racing my car, tough to get from Maui .

ALLAN said:

As for racing my car, tough to get from Maui .

Your location says Arizona... I should have known it was Maui.
Still would have been nice to see...

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

According to these numbers, I absolutely think that a supercharged NSX would have a shot. Per the numbers collected from Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc. on this site, the 92 Diablo does 4.5 zero to sixty and 13.3 in the 1/4 mile. Awesome numbers, but not unreachable. Also, they show the fastest Diablo to be the 2000 at 4.3 and 12 sec 1/4 mile.

I am not taking these numbers as fact because I see that the 91-93 NSX are off a little and the 94 gets a much better time than the 91.

Either way, that is the car I always wanted to own as a kid after seeing Cannonball Run. :) I can't imagine what an exhaust mod would cost though. :eek:

Lambo vs. Z06 vs Supercharged NSX vs. Ferrari in the 1/4 mile. Yawn.

The best 1/4 times I have seen from "legal" street cars came from the biggest POS cars you can imagine. That doesn't even count the biker folks who kick everyone arse.

Anyway - I finally found the "king" of the 1/4 mile smack talking. I can shoot a clown out of a canon in less then 2 seconds. Even John Force get's owned by my midget clown buddy and his canon!

:p

Wanna prove something - go to a track with more then 4 turns and let the smack talking begin!

As for the diablo vs a SC NSX. Here are some numbers off a 91.

Diablo/91 5.7/V-12/5M/rwd 485/7000 428/5200 4.4 13.2/109.6 N/A 0.91

I have no doubt a SC NSX could handle that car. A turbo would destroy it.

The SV on the other hand..
0-60 mph: 3.8 sec
0-100 mph: 9.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.0 sec @ 118 mph

A SC NSX would not beat that car. A Factor X FX500 putting down 650 RHWP has a good shot.

I would like to see that car vs your diablo allan.

PS... How did your 355 Run ALLAN? I am guessing 13.3 @ 109

Actually if you look at REAL numbers, i was at the track when a 91 Diablo was tested against an F40 in the early 90's. It turned a 12.40@119mph. Car and Driver also tested a 91 at :
0-60in 4.2
0-100=8.5
0-150=18.4
0-170=33.7
1/4 mile=12.3 @ 125
Top Speed 206.9

An SV is quicker than that.

Well, with those figures, only a turbo would beat that car...

how was the 355?

Its too bad that the Diablo is worthless at road racing. The Z06 would call it even after a roadcourse stint. To date the fastest streetcar laptimes at Road America in over 10 years of recording on my stopwatch was the 360 Stradale Challenge UNTIL last fall, when the GT3 beat it. It cracked into the teens!!!! 2:19 And yes a NA streetlegal NSX has cracked a 2:29. Bring the Lambo and I will time ya!

Note: Road America is a 4.1 mile 14 turn course with 3 long straights with speeds reaching into the 140's

PS Top Gear tests are useless, so don't bring them up. My times are all of instructor cars in instructor sessions, and multiple drivers have been timed with the same type of car.

NetViper said:
As for the diablo vs a SC NSX. Here are some numbers off a 91.

Diablo/91 5.7/V-12/5M/rwd 485/7000 428/5200 4.4 13.2/109.6 N/A 0.91

I have no doubt a SC NSX could handle that car. A turbo would destroy it.

The SV on the other hand..
0-60 mph: 3.8 sec
0-100 mph: 9.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.0 sec @ 118 mph

A SC NSX would not beat that car. A Factor X FX500 putting down 650 RHWP has a good shot.

I would like to see that car vs your diablo allan.

PS... How did your 355 Run ALLAN? I am guessing 13.3 @ 109

I think the FX500 car has it beat hands down, especially when he ran, what 11.7 or better? Can't remeber the real number...
Riding in Gerry's car, I don't think the Lambo has a chance in Hell against the PANSX... Having been in a Jota, SV, as well as a regular Diablo, I think those Turbo cars with 500+HP, will have very little probs out of stock Lambos or anything else stock.

Until a top end run comes into play.. That would be a different story.. Gearing would come into play pretty quickly...
Except Nick's clown and cannon....:)

Well, actually, in some points i agree on the road racing. Is the Diablo worthless in it. No. Is it the best car for it? No. It is simply much too big and wide. The Diablo has however won the Australian chamionship against Ferrari 360's, Vipers etc, and that is with the motor being restricted. The Murcielago posted a 7.43 on the Nurburgring, while the z06 posted a 7.56. Regardless, i dont ever think ill be Mario Andretti, and on Maui, we dont even have a track. Even if we do, i would never push my car to the limits.

As for the turbo cars not having a problem, well here how i look at it. You say someone ran an 11.7, well bone stock 6.0's have been clocked at 11.8 in the U.S. Ive watched a stock Sv turn 11.60's. In the end, ET doesnt matter. Thats launch, thats driver. MPH is power. One car can run 11.0@ 120, another 12.0 @ 125. The 12.0 car is the faster car. On a roll, it will walk away from the 11 second car.

Rob here ran in the 10's, in a turbo, and nitroused car, at 126mph. Ill never match that Et, especially on street tires, but just on motor, ill run very close. Point is, my car is virtually stock, just has exhaust, and 2 air filters. His car is completely built. First off, i can spray and walk away easily. But what if i were to do cams, port the heads, headers, larger throttle bodies etc. All available for the DIablos now.

I like the Nsx, and ive had plenty a Ferrari owner pissed off, when ive told them that a nice NSX does 90% of what a Ferrari 355 does for a lot less money.

Oh and at the track, the 355 was terrible. I only got 2 runs, and had several factors against me. First was bald tires, 2nd was the fact that you must drive through the water to stage. Cant go around it. I didint do any burnouts. First run, just took it easy, ran a 14.018@ 103 with a 2.56 short time. 2nd, i tried to listen to the Fcar guys and dump the clutch, they said 5k, i tried 4k. It just blew the tires off. I turned a 13.7@105 with a 2.4 short time. Then they closed the track.

len3.8 said:
I think the FX500 car has it beat hands down, especially when he ran, what 11.7 or better? Can't remeber the real number...
Riding in Gerry's car, I don't think the Lambo has a chance in Hell against the PANSX... Having been in a Jota, SV, as well as a regular Diablo, I think those Turbo cars with 500+HP, will have very little probs out of stock Lambos or anything else stock.

Until a top end run comes into play.. That would be a different story.. Gearing would come into play pretty quickly...
Except Nick's clown and cannon....:)

11.4 best EST!

ALLAN said:
Well, actually, in some points i agree on the road racing. Is the Diablo worthless in it. No. Is it the best car for it? No. It is simply much too big and wide. The Diablo has however won the Australian chamionship against Ferrari 360's, Vipers etc, and that is with the motor being restricted. The Murcielago posted a 7.43 on the Nurburgring, while the z06 posted a 7.56. Regardless, i dont ever think ill be Mario Andretti, and on Maui, we dont even have a track. Even if we do, i would never push my car to the limits.

As for the turbo cars not having a problem, well here how i look at it. You say someone ran an 11.7, well bone stock 6.0's have been clocked at 11.8 in the U.S. Ive watched a stock Sv turn 11.60's. In the end, ET doesnt matter. Thats launch, thats driver. MPH is power. One car can run 11.0@ 120, another 12.0 @ 125. The 12.0 car is the faster car. On a roll, it will walk away from the 11 second car.

Rob here ran in the 10's, in a turbo, and nitroused car, at 126mph. Ill never match that Et, especially on street tires, but just on motor, ill run very close. Point is, my car is virtually stock, just has exhaust, and 2 air filters. His car is completely built. First off, i can spray and walk away easily. But what if i were to do cams, port the heads, headers, larger throttle bodies etc. All available for the DIablos now.

I like the Nsx, and ive had plenty a Ferrari owner pissed off, when ive told them that a nice NSX does 90% of what a Ferrari 355 does for a lot less money.

Ok, here is what most people forget: Racing from a dead stop is very different from racing from a roll. From a roll, it's all about gearing, drag coefficent, and how much power you can put to the ground the moment you step on the gas. There is no bog down, very little side way, traction problem... - All that goodie stuffs that you encounter on a 1/4th run.

Street tire at 128mph, if I remember correctly. No drag radials here! I have argued with you before about the Lotus and the Basch-equipped NSX, remember? However, now seeing that video, your Diabo is really fast (faster than the 996TT with some mods that I have seen,) but this well-built NSX is even faster.

That time might have dropped to 11.3 according to some people. that 11.4 run, I believe it was against a Supra in the video that they have.

NSX/MR2 said:
Street tire at 128mph, if I remember correctly. No drag radials here! I have argued with you before about the Lotus and the Basch-equipped NSX, remember? However, now seeing that video, your Diabo is really fast (faster than the 996TT with some mods that I have seen,) but this well-built NSX is even faster.

To run 128, youd have a to have ALOT of mods, and alot of weight savings. Just remember, the video you saw of me racing the z06, is on motor. I have a 150 or 200 shot waiting for you.:D

Oh and yes, a Stock Esprit is just as quick as Basch Supercharged NSX. And btw, how are those supercharged Basch cars holding up?:D

Back