• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Good tint shop in Pleasanton

I took my NSX last week to Omega Werks in Pleasanton to have the windows tinted. Vincent did an excellent job and the car is looking great. Vincent is a master installer of tint and clear bra and has done some nice cars. He had a pic of a sweet Saleen he had tinted before.

Anyway If you need a good tint or clear bra job you should go see Vincent.

Omega Werks
3701 Old Santa Rita Rd.
Pleasanton
888-68-OMEGA

A few pics of the finished job

IMG_1942trimmed.jpg

IMG_1938trimmed.jpg

IMG_1944trimmed.jpg

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that this tint has a ceramic base instead of the metalic base most tints have. I went with this cause I didnt want the metalic tint to interfere with my V1 which came sometimes happen (or so I have been told). PLUS....it is better at reducing heat.......

Very nice looking NSX. Just a thought, I do not necessarily think the windshield message will be well received by others on the road. It might come across as rude. I am pretty sure the police will be interested in that little message should they ever catch you in excess of the posted. IMHO.

how much did it cost you and what % did you get? i was considering doing the front windshield as well :) and before anyone flames me and says it's illegal, getting your window tinted in general is illegal so i might as well go another step further !

how much did it cost you and what % did you get? i was considering doing the front windshield as well :) and before anyone flames me and says it's illegal, getting your window tinted in general is illegal so i might as well go another step further !

A little over $300. I dont recall the tint% but I told him to put the darkest he had on the back window and the next shade down on the sides.

The law in California states that you can apply a film onto the 2 front doors of any vehicle provided the film and glass combined allows a Visible Light Transmittance of 70% or greater. The problem is the factory glass on most vehicles is already around 80% VLT so only a clear film can be legally installed. If you have a medical prescription letter from a skin or eye doctor, you can legally have up to 35% VLT on the 2 front doors but you are not suppose to drive the car at night. The rear section of any car can be tinted as dark as you'd like provided you have the left and right side view mirrors.

The windshield can only be tinted down to the AS1 line mark at the top which is usually around 4-5". The entire windshield is definitely ILLEGAL.

Vinny is a friend of mine so I am glad you had a very good experience with him and his services. Always great to hear good things being said about others who are providing good services.

Good luck with the dark tint on the front doors. You are going to need it because the CHP's will spot you from a mile away.

Last edited:
Back